SIXTEEN.

Naalainah sighed as she leaned against the post of the front door. She was irritated but a smile was still planted on her face.

"Before you slam the door on me—again—I just wanted to apologize," K-Ci began his statement. "I ain't mean to be all up on you when you have a man—"

Naalainah interrupted him. "A man? I don't have a man."

"So who was that, that came to the door last time I was here?"

"That was my brother!" Naalainah did what she did best, which was laugh in his face.

"Oh....." K-Ci trailed off. "So since you don't have a man—"

There was no need to continue because the door slammed right in his face, leaving him to stand there on the porch looking stupid.

He didn't let that get to him so he did the next best thing—pull out his phone, unblock Javoria, and blow her phone up with calls and texts.

He figured she would ignore him but she finally ended up responding after three minutes. What he saw on the screen made him stare at the words with his face etched in confusion.

Bald Ass Voria 🙄😍
yo who tf is this
don't text my girl phone no more homie
real shit

Unsaved Number
Wtf you mean your girl
Ykw don't worry about it nigga

He texted back but the message didn't say delivered. Due to this, K-Ci took matters into his own hands, hopping in the UPS truck and speeding off in direction to Javoria's house.

Once he arrived, he wasted no time on leaping out the vehicle and going up to her door, banging on it like he had no sense.

"Javoria! Javoria! I know yo' ass in there!"

The banging had been going on for a good five minutes and no one came to the door, but it definitely did draw the attention of neighbors on the block. Not wanting to be embarrassed, K-Ci went around to her backyard and started climbing her fence.

To make matters even worse, he got stuck halfway before he could make it to the other side.

"Javoria! Bring yo' ass outside and tell that nigga he can come out too!"

Javoria came to the back window, lifting it up. "Get the fuck off my property!"

"You got me fucked up!" K-Ci yelled. "Ain't no way you done played me the way you did. You was fuckin' with me and you had a man the whole time?! Let me tell you somethin'—I'm a lot of things but a side nigga is not one of them!"

"Boy, I don't give a fuck what you talkin' 'bout right now. Go home!"

"Not till that nigga come outside and fight me!"

"Oh, so you wanna get yo' ass whooped?" Javoria taunted.

K-Ci scoffed. "I wish a nigga would! He must not know me! I'll call my boys up here and we'll jump him!"

Javoria rolled her eyes. "Okay, y'all have fun with that. Just get the hell out my backyard now before I call the cops and tell them that a black man is harassing me and believe me—they won't hesitate to arrest you and beat the fuck outta you with a night stick," she slammed the window shut.