TWENTY.

K-Ci swung the Popeyes door open, walking inside and making his way up to the counter. Javoria was sitting in a booth near the wall eating her chicken and scrolling on her phone, so she hadn't noticed him.

"Are you in line?" An employee by the name of Justine questioned.

"Nah," K-Ci shook his head. "I'm here to see somebody, actually. I wanted to know if Javoria worked today?"

Javoria shot her head up, choking on her chicken. She hurriedly grabbed her drink and took a sip to soothe her throat. She made eye contact with Justine and gave her a signal to tell him 'no'.

"Uhhhh....." she trailed off. "I haven't seen her."

"Well do you know her schedule? I really need to talk to her."

"I'm not too sure, I only keep track of my schedule and not anyone else's."

"Do you think you can call her—"

Javoria did a hard eye roll, getting up and going up to the counter since K-Ci clearly couldn't take the hint.

"K-Ci, leave my coworkers alone. Just come with me."

"And where'd you come from?" He followed her over to where she was previously sitting, taking a seat.

"My parents," she shot sarcastically, sliding into the booth across from him. "Go 'head and say what you gotta say since you wanted to talk to me so bad."

"Look Javoria, I know you sick of me and shit—"

"You right!"

K-Ci ignored her pointless interruption and continued his statement. "I know you sick of me but I wanted to give you a face-to-face apology—and not just cause you got me blocked on pretty much everything. I'm sorry for treatin' you like you less than what you are. You don't deserve to have me stressin' you out like some fool. I understand if you don't wanna deal with me anymore but I just had to get that off my chest."

Javoria took an aggressive bite out of her chicken, studying him intently. "I forgive you....I guess," she playfully rolled her eyes.

A smile came across K-Ci's face as he slid out the booth and pulled Javoria out her seat as well, hugging her and rocking her back and forth.

"I missed you, girl."

"Mmhm. I guess I missed you too."

"Stop actin' like you ain't miss my face in between yo' thighs—"

"Okay!" Javoria pulled away from his hold. "My break is about to be over in five minutes. I appreciate the apology."

"Make sure you unblock me cause I want you to call me when you get off. And oh—I know that was you pretendin' to be some nigga," K-Ci chuckled. "Had me scrape my elbow outside yo' house for no reason."

Javoria instantly played dumb. ".....what are you—"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' 'bout."

"How did you figure that out?"

K-Ci stared at her for a moment, debating on coming up with a lie or telling the truth.