NINE.

"Enjoy the rest of your day!"
Carena gave her customer a nice smile as they stepped to the side to wait for their order.

Business at Chick-fil-A was booming. At the drive-thru, the line of cars went in the shape of an uppercase L.

Meanwhile, Carena, Dalvin, and their other coworkers were holding their establishment down with no complaints.

"I can serve the next guest!" Dalvin called out, looking down at the small machine in front of him as the next customer walked up.

"Can I have a name to start you off?"

"Lo."

Upon hearing that, Dalvin instantly averted his attention upward being face to face with the girl who he tried to search up on Google and social media not too long ago.

He kept it professional for the most part—taking her order casually. It wasn't until he managed to get his line down that he decided to go over to her with a pen and a piece of paper.

"Hey, sorry to bother you. I'm Dalvin, your server," he introduced. "Congratulations! You're my fiftieth customer of the day! I'm gonna need your name, number, address, and email right here," he passed the items her way.

Lo hesitantly accepted the paper and pen. "And what's this for?"

"For every fiftieth customer an employee gets, we just have them sign some paper out so we can gift them with free food on their doorstep," Dalvin lied with a convincing smile.

"Oh!" Lo put the ink to the paper. "Say less!"

"Lo!" One of the Chick-Fil-A employees called out, holding a bag of food.

Lo took her order and passed the paper back over to Dalvin, thanking him and the employee who passed her meal to her.

"I'll be expecting that Chick-fil-A at my doorstep!" She said before she walked out the glass doors.

Dalvin looked at the paper, seeing her nice handwriting and feeling success since his plan worked out. As he went back behind the work station, Carena looked at him unpleasantly.

"I didn't know we were having our customers sign up for free Chick-Fil-A on their doorstep."

"Oh, Quill ain't tell you?" Dalvin tried to play it off. "Yeah, it's a new program we started."

"Y'all giving out free Chick-fil-A?" A customer stepped up, overhearing the conversation.

Carena quietly laughed to herself and Dalvin quickly shook his head.

"No...anyway, how may I help you today?"

"You're a nigga, right?" Haven asked a question that DeVante found to be confusing.

"....you mean am I black or—"

Haven smacked her teeth and mugged him. "Bro, don't play dumb. You know what I mean. You're a guy, right? Yes! I need advice."

"On?" DeVante spun around in the spinning chair.

"Okay so look, I like this football player, right? No, scratch that—we used to date but we broke up not too long ago and he has a girlfriend now...she aight but she ain't me. Anyway! He hit me up and asked to link and I know if we link imma ride that dick like a bicycle! Then again, I don't wanna fuck with him knowing he got a girlfriend, and I'm already talking to this other guy who runs track. And I saw this fine, fineee, ass nigga at Chick-fil-A the other day so I might add him to my roster! I need help."