TWENTY-SIX.

"Buckle up when you sit in ya' seat! Turn ya' lights on, make sure that you can see! It's a red light so we jump out the V, calm down!"

The oldest Hailey brother and the youngest DeGrate brother found themselves in the midst of making their version of a popular tiktok with matching black bonnets on their heads.

JoJo walked by and snatched K-Ci's bonnet off right as the video ended, making him suck his teeth at his actions.

"Y'all think I should get dreads?"

"Hell nah," JoJo cringed.

"Why not? I heard them dreadheads do it the best!"

"Well you ain't a dreadhead," DeVante commented.

"Not yet! Besides, if we gon' stay in this time period we can't be walkin' around with fades and s-curls forever. Then people gon' know we outsiders."

Dalvin uploaded the tiktok to his spam page, laughing to himself. "They gon' know you an outsider cause you the only one out the bunch who ain't got no job!"

"Watch this," K-Ci scoffed, grabbing his phone. "I'm 'bout to apply for a job right now."

"Well hurry up cause we gotta go meet with Ang and Javoria," DeVante acknowledged.

"Aight, give me a second and I'll be ready."

K-Ci used his face ID to get access to his device, swiping over to his home page and clicking on a red and white app. Before he could go any further, JoJo yanked him by his shirt collar and dragged him over to the door, snatching his phone and lightly tossing it out in the hallway.

"Second over!"

"Yeah, come on! You gon' make us late to WattpadCon!" Dalvin complained as he and DeVante left the hotel room, stepping over the case-less iPhone 13.

Sucking his teeth and following them, K-Ci retrieved his phone and turned it off without swiping out of the previous screen he was just on.

'Sign up to become a Dasher.'

Everyone has heard of ComicCon, the convention where you see weirdos dressing up as their favorite characters from video games, comic books, and whatnot. Well, here's your introduction to WattpadCon — which is similar in a way, but less weird.

Writers from all over the U.S had traveled to NYC for the event cause it was something that surely couldn't be missed. Sections were separated by genres; so luckily, there was no interracial mixing between white girls who wrote about girls who got kidnapped and developed Stockholm syndrome against their kidnapper, or the black girls who wrote hood smut stories about Dave East because they have daddy issues.

Dalvin, K-Ci, DeVante, Angelina, and Javoria were the only ones in their friend group who decided to go. JoJo and Azalea had better plans to go on a date which they found more important, and Dalvin tried to convince Haven to go but she straight up told him she had no interest whatsoever.

They made their way to the back, where the 'Urban 90s' section was located.

"I am never getting into a car with you bitches again!" Heavenly made clear as she was in the midst of setting up her table.