Interlude - Knights

I walked back from the forest alone, but a comfortable smile rested on my face. I had just been collecting herbs from Gaius in the forest, and was in a good mood. But this was soon to be ruined when I walked by the training grounds to get back into the castle. I heard the clash of sword and shield and decided to go up and have a look at what was going on.

As I turned the corner I heard the familiar yelp of Merlin. I dropped the herbs in surprise and ran over there. I peeked around the corner and saw that there was a large group of knights with their swords out, and Merlin just had a shield in his hand. The sisterly anger started filling me, and I looked around the field trying to find Arthur, but he was nowhere to be seen. I took a deep breath as I realised that I would have to deal with this alone.

I put on a brave face and stormed out onto the field. "Hey! That's enough! Leave him alone!" I yelled, and the knights all stopped what they were doing and looked at me. The main ones who were hurting Merlin laughed at me and stalked over. My knees started trembling but I held my ground. "And what are you gonna do about it miss?" He asked, sharing a look with his friends.

"I'm going to stop it, you shouldn't be doing anything to him, especially because Arthur isn't here. He's just a boy, you're all fully trained knights, trained by Arthur himself, meaning you're the best in the land. Fighting three against one isn't fair, especially because Merlin doesn't have a weapon. That isn't how it's going to be on a battlefield, so beating Merlin isn't going to help anyway." I said, authority lacing through my voice, even though my heart was racing at double speed. I looked around the field and saw that most of the knights were looking down at their feet, but the ones in front of me were just glaring at me.

"Just because we're knights, doesn't mean that we're not allowed to have fun." The main one said, coming even closer to me. "So, how about we agree to stop here, if you come with us, and we'll show you how real knights have fun." He said, his voice deepening, and his eyes getting darker. It was only now that I let a flash of fear run across my eyes. I flicked them over to Merlin and his eyes were wide, and he was shaking his head. "I'll take your silence as a yes." He said, chuckling loudly. Before I could say anything else the knight grabbed my arm very tightly and started dragging me away from the field.

I heard Merlin yell my name, but the knights ignored him. I kept my eyes on the ground, not wanting the knights to see the tears building in my eyes from the tight grip on my wrist. At this point I was pretty sure that it was going to be very bruised in the morning. "Hey! What do you think you're doing!" A familiar voice rang through my ears. I looked up and sighed as I saw that it was Arthur along with Morgana and Gwen. "Teaching her a lesson. She ruined our session with Merlin, and she needs to be punished." The man said, with strength in his voice. If I were him I would've already cracked under the pressure of having to go against Arthur. "Well I didn't tell you to have 'fun' with my servant, who just happens to be her brother. Now that is not how a knight of Camelot behaves. Unhand her." Arthur insisted, and I felt the man let go. I gasped at the pain in my wrist and looked at Arthur, giving him a thankful look.

"Guards, take him to the dungeons, I'll talk to my father about this later." Arthur said, and the man got taken away. I felt an arm go around my shoulder and looked up to see Merlin was standing there. I burrowed into him, and looked at the others. Arthur sent me an apologetic look and I sent him a weak smile.

"Are you okay Amara?" Morgana asked, taking my attention away from Arthur. I nodded my head, but winced as my wrist brushed against my side. "Gwen, take her down to Gaius, Morgana, Merlin, come with me, we're going to talk to my father, you both saw what happened." Arthur said, and Merlin kissed the top of my head, before going off, and I walked with Gwen to Gaius's chambers.