Chapter 8 - A Remedy to Cure All Ills

I opened my eyes and smiled widely. Now was the first day that I could finally get out of bed after passing out in Morgana's chambers. Gaius still hadn't figured out why my pain was so strong, and why I passed out for so long, but I'd had to stay in bed for a few days, because there was still a dull pain in my back. I sat up and stretched out slightly. I got out of bed and got dressed for the day.

Merlin was just leaving when I went down to the main chambers and he pulled me into a side hug and kissed the top of my head, before rushing out to attend to Arthur. Gaius placed a plate of food in front of me and I smiled up at him. "Now, Amara, I don't want you to be working for the next few days. You are free to move around the castle, but don't do anything too dangerous." Gaius said, and I nodded at him, already knowing what I was going to do today.

I finished my breakfast and then made my way through the castle. Once I reached my destination I knocked on the door and a voice came from inside telling me to enter. "Amara!" Morgana squealed and wrapped her arms around me as soon as I stepped into her room. "I'm glad you're feeling better." She said, as she let go of me. I chuckled lightly and nodded my head. "Me too, where's Gwen, I was hoping we could spend the day together." I said, looking around the room, failing to find the other part of our trio.

"She went to get something, but should be back soon." Morgana said, and as if on cue, Gwen walked in carrying a bunch of large lilies. "Look what's just arrived for you." She said, and I smiled as she placed them into a vase. I went over and placed my hand on them, they had almost always been my favourite flower. Gwen smiled at me, and I was brought out of my thoughts by Morgana speaking up.

"Who are they from?" She asked, and I turned to Gwen, also curious. "I don't know. Maybe Uther?!" Gwen said, and I stifled a laugh at Morgana's face. "How disappointing." She muttered, rolling her eyes. "Who would you like them to be from?" I asked her. "I don't know. Tall, dark stranger?" She said, and the three of us giggled. "I bet Amara would love to have some from Arthur." Morgana said, looking straight at me, and I blushed under her gaze.

We spent the rest of the day together, talking and laughing about things that had happened in our lives. By the end of the day my cheeks hurt from smiling so much, and I bid the other two a good night. Walking through the corridors on the way back to Gaius's chambers I stopped as I reached a window. I looked out at the view of Camelot, and the sun which was just dipping below the horizon.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I heard a voice behind me say, and I jumped slightly at the sudden noise. I turned around quickly, sighing as I realised that it was just Arthur. I smiled warmly at him, and turned back to the sunset. "It is." I breathed out. "It's wonderful to see you out of bed Amara, I do hope you're feeling better." He said, and I blushed lightly, but nodded. "Yes, thank you, much better." I said. Arthur looked as though he was about to say something else, but someone called his name.

"Sorry, Amara, but I must go, have a good evening." He said, grabbing my hand and kissing it. I blushed and muttered a good evening back to him. I sighed deeply as he walked off, before composing myself and continuing back to Gaius's chambers, and heading to bed.

The next morning I woke up, and there was a commotion coming from next door. I turned and saw that Merlin had also sat up in his bed. We both quickly got out of bed and dressed, before going into Gaius's chambers. I was shocked as there were a few knights moving around in there, and Gaius was throwing things into a bag. I went over to him. "Gaius, what's going on?" I asked, and he looked at me with a concerned look.

"Lady Morgana hasn't awoken, and won't react to anything." He said, and I gasped, my mind immediately flying to multiple different causes. I took a deep breath, and started getting a few things for Gaius to put in his bag. We then hurried out the room towards Morgana's chambers, Merlin following behind us. When we got there, Morgana was laid in her bed, and Uther, Arthur, and Gwen were standing around her bed.