Chapter 3

A few weeks goes by of Danny and Alice working on the project and of course Alice wondering what was going on with him but she didn't push. She didn't think it was anything serious. Alice and Danny finished their project which they got a B on which was pretty good. Weeks went by of living on the streets, and then weeks turned into months, and then months turned into years, Yes years. They struggled living on the streets for years, some days were better than others. Like during the winter they couldn't stay outside without freezing to death so they stayed in homeless shelters, the summer wasn't to bad thankfully. You might think why not just go into a foster home or tell someone, it would be better than this right? Well they didn't think so. They didn't want to risk anything, they were honestly to scared to. Living on the streets and homeless shelters lasted 3 years. 

Peter is now 16 and Danny is 13. Being that Peter is older he's able to get a job. He works at a restaurant after school which definitely helps them financially and now that Danny is 13 he works as a tutor and newspaper boy just like Peter did at that age, getting money. Eventually they get an apartment. It was expensive but they made it work, they needed to. It was much better than living on the streets and it was nice. It wasn't a nice looking apartment. Some lights didn't work and some things were broken or missing. They shared one bedroom and there was one bathroom. There was of course a living room and kitchen as well. They didn't mind that it was small and honestly they were use to sleeping in the same bedroom. Danny would probably be scared in his own room. 

School just ended for Peter and Danny, they both joined the football team, of course different teams since Peter was in High School now and Danny was in middle school. They both were very good at it, both of them quarter backs on both teams. It was the perfect set of brothers. Once Danny goes to High School next year the team will have amazing players. Peter and Danny both finished practice and Peter changed into his work uniform in the changing room in the school and headed off to work. He didn't need to worry about Danny to much since he was older now. He texted Danny that he was heading off to work and that there was food in the fridge that he could heat up when he got home. 

He changed out of his uniform and walked out of the changing room and Alice was there waiting for him. 

"Good practice" she stated as they walked outside together. 

"You know you don't have to stay and watch, practices are boring, even the games are" he laughed. 

"Hey I like cheering you on, and besides its not like I got anything better to do" she shrugged her shoulders as they walked over to his bicycle. He got one so he didn't have to walk home from school, that would take to long. Peter didn't have a car since they were saving their money, he either rode his bicycle to work or got an Uber. Good thing everything was fairly close to each other.

 "Did you wanna hangout? We can do homework together and watch a movie or something" she asked. 

"Yeah why not" he smiled. 

"Good, your place" she insisted. 

"How about your place?" he asked.

 "Danny we've been bestfriends for literally our whole lives, why haven't I got an invite to your house?" she asked. 

"Its just.. bad timing.." he told her. He didn't want her over his house. Sure he wasn't living on the streets anymore or in a bad foster home but he didn't want her to see the crap apartment he lived in. Also what if she starts asking where my parents are, or starts figuring things out, he didn't want her to know. 

"Its been bad timing for 8 years?" she asked in an annoyed tone.

 "Just drop it okay?" he spoke sternly.