Chapter 4

A year later...
A year goes by and now Danny is in high school. Peter is now a senior in high school. Danny was excited to be in the same school as Peter finally. Peter was excited to graduate High School next year. Peters senior year was all about applying to college and not a lot of school work thankfully, which meant he could spend his time working and not worrying about homework which was nice. Peter didn't really know what he wanted to go to college for. Maybe he would become a therapist, or maybe even a foster father. Being that himself and Danny had to go through hell, it would be nice to be able to help kids. Today was a big day for Danny. Highschool orientation was today and Peter was one of the people showing him around. Danny was getting ready for the morning, putting on a blue shirt with a denim jacket, ripped jeans, and black converse. He brushed his hair and teeth and was basically ready for school. Peter was dressed in a green button up shirt that was form fitting and wore blue jeans and blue converse.

 He walked into the bathroom seeing that it was open.

 "Excited for High School?" Peter asked. 

"So excited! And I'm trying out for the football team" Danny smiled. 

"You'll definitely make it, don't think you're better than me though" he teased. 

"We'll see about that" Danny teased back. Peter laughed and walked out of the bathroom. 

"We'll come on freshman, I made us breakfast" Peter stated while he walked into the kitchen. He had two glasses that had orange juice in them and then pancakes with some eggs. When they got into the apartment last year Peter practiced how to cook since they never learned and were on the streets and he got pretty good at it. He even showed Danny how to cook a bit as well. Working at a restaurant definitely helped with that. Danny sat down at the kitchen table with Peter and they ate their food and shortly went off to school on their bikes. 

Once they arrived he saw Alice waiting for him at the front of the school. "Danny you're here!" she smiled and hugged him.

 "Aren't you so excited for orientation?? How are we in High school already?? So many clubs! Ooh and sports! What are you joining??" she asked all these questions without even pausing.

 "Take a breather" he laughed along with Peter. 

"Good to see you Alice, I'll see you guys in there" Peter stated while he walked inside. Danny looked back at Alice. 

"Well definitely trying out for football, Peter is going to talk to the coach too, so ill probably get in, What about you? Joining any sports or clubs?" he asked. 

"I'm thinking about joining photography club! Ooh and maybe softball" she smiled. 

"Ooh you'll do great!" he responded while walking inside with her with a bunch of other freshman as they got ready for orientation.

 Peter and some other seniors started showing everyone each wing of the school. The English wing, Math, Science, Art, and everything they needed to know. They also showed them the lockers for each year. Each year had their own wing so the freshman were separated from the other grades. After they were shown around they got their school schedules and Danny and Alice compared it to one another's.

 "Ooh we got a bunch of classes together! Thank god" she chuckled along with Danny. 

"Well we better get to our classes than" he stated and they headed off to their classes just like the other freshman and students were doing. The day went on like a normal school day, eventually school ended and Danny and some other freshman tried out for the football team. They all tried really hard and were very competitive. Once tryouts were over the coach talked to everyone, telling which freshman made it and of course Danny did which was so exciting.

 Once all that was over Danny ran over to Peter. 

"Did you hear that??" Danny asked excitedly. 

"I told you, you would totally make it" Peter replied. After they finished being excited the coach came over to them.

 "Congrats Danny, welcome to the team" the coach stated with a smile.

 "You wont be disappointed" Danny replied. 

"Oh I know I wont, but that's not why I came over actually" the coach cut Danny off and then a guy came over. He was a very muscular looking guy with very short blonde hair and tall. He was wearing a suit and tie, he looked very professional. 

"This is Frank Norris, he is an agent for the NFL" the coach stated. Peter and Danny looked at each other honestly shocked. 

"Oh my gosh.." they both mumbled quietly to one another. 

"Its nice to meet you Peter" Frank greeted him with a handshake. 

"Its a pleasure.. Um.. Why are you here?" Peter asked.

 "I know its weird but I go to schools and see if I see any talent and I saw you play in the football games and you're very talented, If you continue to play I can definitely help you get a spot in the NFL once you graduate" Frank stated while he handed Peter his business card. 

"Well talk soon" Frank replied without letting Peter even speak, shaking his hand goodbye. Peter looked at the business card then back to Danny. They both were standing there shocked. 

"Oh my god.." Peter laughed along with Danny.

 "What a day.." Danny stated as they both headed to the locker room to change. Things were definitely getting better for them.