Chapter 5

Peter just found out an agent from the NFL wants to work with him which was crazy. He of course took that offer, who wouldn't? He loved playing football and after High School he wasn't sure what he wanted to do but now he knows. He's going to play in the NFL. A lot has happened in those few weeks after finding all that out. He trained harder with football, making sure he was the best he could be which he was. He then signed a contract with the agent, saying he would play in the NFL once he graduated. With that a lot of fame happened. The agency gave them money each month and helped them get towards that goal. For the first time Peter and Danny had money. They could get out of their crappy apartment and live a nice life. They bought a home that was on a dead end street near the water with the money they were getting. Well they called it a home but it was a mansion. Something you would see on tv that rich people would have. Well they were  now rich, living the life they never thought would happen. 

Their home now had 8 bedrooms which they didn't need but they had anyways. Danny now had his own bedroom next to Peters. It was nice bedrooms. They both had their own walk in closets and their own bathrooms. They had multiple bathrooms and of course a living room and a big kitchen that had a bar attached to it with all the alcohol you could imagine. Of course they didn't drink being underage but they had a few beers now and again. They also had a basement that was basically a moving theater. A big screen tv and a lot of seats which included a bar as well. They also had a living room but it was just a tv and a couch. They also had a garage that was full of cars, they now can have a bunch of cars. Of course they didn't need that. They had a big pool and hot tub outside. Basically everything you pictured a mansion to have they had. They were living a good life finally. Peter didn't even need to work at the restaurant anymore, they didn't need to work at all with the money they were getting.

 Danny and Peter were the talk of the town. A lot of people were interested in them, they wanted to be their friends, but of course it was only because they had money now but that didn't bother them. They both had a nice group of friends before this all happened and their friends were so happy for them. They didn't care that they had money now but of course they loved it. It was a Saturday night and Peter and Danny decided to throw a party, nothing crazy huge, just their friends and their friends also brought some people over as well. They were playing music outside and enjoying the pool and hot tub. They had drinks like soda and such and also some beer but they weren't drinking a lot, just a few beers to have a good time and relax. Some of their friends were in the pool playing games. Peter was on one of the floaties they had, it had a cup holder for his drink as he floated around. He was wearing Blue swim trunks. Danny was sitting on the edge of the pool with his feet in the water and a beer in hand. He was wearing green swim trunks.

 Alice got out of the pool and came over to him and sat down next to him. Her hair was wet from going under water and she wore a light blue swim suit with some fringe on the top.

 "Enjoying yourself over here?" she asked. 

"Yeah just getting my feet wet for now" he replied while moving his feet around in the water. 

"Afraid to mess up your hair?" she teased.

 "Yeah definitely, don't want my hair looking like yours" he teased back and she playfully pushed him and laughed. 

"Shut up" she responded while laughing and Danny playfully pushed her back. They started playfully wrestling each other and splashing each other with water and then she pushed him into the pool and jumped in as well. She got on his back as they were both laughing. He then placed her off him and into the water and they looked at each other in the eyes for a few moments before looking away. Was it just him? Did she feel a spark for a moment? They've been friends since they were 5 and always teased each other like this but something was different in that moment, in a good way. Was he starting to have feelings for her? Maybe since he's now in High School he's starting to develop a crush, when you're younger you don't really think about those things or really even develop feelings. But what if she didn't feel the same way? He didn't want to lose his best friend over a stupid crush.

 "I.. I got to go to the bathroom.." he stated and put his hands on the side of the pool, using his strength to get out of the pool and grabbing a towel and going inside. She looked confused and Danny's friend Alex looked over at Alice. She just shrugged her shoulders not knowing what happened. Peter saw Danny go inside and got off his floatie and going up the steps that are connected to the pool and grabbed a towel and headed inside. Danny was leaning against the counter in the kitchen eating a slice of pizza that they ordered. 

"Hey is everything okay?" Peter asked.

 "Oh.. uh yeah.. just got hungry" he told him while he took another bite.

 "You're a terrible liar" Peter chuckled. Danny sighed and put his piece of pizza on the plate in front of him and sat down in the seat that was in front of the counter and Peter sat down next to him. 

 "I have a stupid crush on Alice" He admitted to Peter which made Peter chuckle.

 "No really?" He told him sarcastically. Danny looked at him confused 

"Wait you knew?" Danny asked him.

 "Dude you've been best friends forever and I see the way you look at her. Why are you in here not asking her out?" He asked.

 "Because its just like you said, were best friends, what if I mess that up or she doesn't like me? I don't want to lose her" he told him.

 "Hey that's not going to happen, she definitely likes you and she's not the type to just stop talking to you, nothing will change" Peter comforted him by lightly touching his shoulder. Danny looked at him and smiled.

 "You really think she'll say yes?" he asked and Peter smiled.

 "I guarantee it" he replied. Alice walked inside with a towel wrapped around her.

 "Oh hey I was coming in to look for you, everything okay?" she asked and Peter smiled. 

"Perfect timing like always" Peter told her and stood up from his seat and went back outside. Alice then sat down in the seat Peter was sitting in.

 "What did he mean perfect timing?" she asked.

 Danny looked in her eyes and she looked into his as well. "Nothing, its just, you know you mean a lot to me right?" he stated.

 "Of course I do.. You're my best friend, you mean a lot to me too.." she told him. They didn't look away from each other. 

"You've just always been there for me, you're amazing and.." he hesitated and started blushing. He didn't want to start getting nervous and start overthinking. He just leaned in and kissed her on the lips and pulled away quickly as he looked at her. They were both blushing.

 "Was that okay..?" he asked her and she smiled and pulled him back into her and kissed him again.

"More than okay.." she told him.

 "So does that mean.. You're my girlfriend?" he asked her. 

"Well you didn't actually ask me yet" She teased while she chuckled. 

"Where are my manners" he stood up and reached out his hand for hers. She smiled and took his hand and stood up.

 "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked her. "Nothing would make me happier" she smiled and they hugged each other.