#11

Aesira

I stood watching the men play in front of me. "You're setting yourself up to lose" one of the men laughed disgustingly. Every man that came through this casino made my blood run cold. They looked and sounded scary.

They called out threats to each other that were detailed. As for what they said to the women here, me being one of them. The words were vulgar and almost always sexual. And almost always I'd tell them off resulting in talking with Damon

Which I seemed to avoid. Every. Single. Time. I wasn't planning on talking to him anytime soon or ever for that matter. But I'd always see him stalking around and watching me.

Or someone stalking me. I didn't know if I was paranoid or he did have someone watching me but either way, it was annoying.

"So gorgeous how long have you been working here. I've never seen you till today" a blonde man piped up. "Started a while ago" I shrugged my shoulder.

"Guess I'll be seeing you a lot then. I'm one of the regulars but I recently haven't been here as much—" I raised my brows "you just might have persuaded me to come more" he smiled showing off his teeth

"Good for you," I said uninterested, he leaned it a bit resting his chin in his palm, I looked down my eyes landing on the silver ring on his left hand. He was married.

"You're really beautiful. Why is such a beautiful girl working here?" he said sweetly. The approach he was giving off seemed much nicer than the ones that everyone else did. "What is a married man doing in here flirting with me?" I asked something similar.

Thinking he would get mad I was caught off the guard to see that his smile had widened. "You know you have quite the mouth," he said

"Bet she can do great things with it too," another said beside him as he placed down a couple of cards laughing and bringing a bunch of chips his way. "I'm sure the lady didn't appreciate that" the man before said again

He looked old not the type that I'd say elderly but around his mid-forties. I was grossed out at the fact that he was hitting on someone way younger than him. I looked at him with a serious face, I was not interested at all.

He started talking to the men around him and stopped talking to me. I felt relieved and continued to watch how they played against each other.

I felt as if I got a good idea on how to win this game from watching people, that if I played I had a good chance at it. But I was just getting over my head.

"Guess I win" the man that was talking to me gathered at the chips along with the money that was in the middle. He smiled in triumph and looked at me proudly.

I still wasn't interested even in the thought that he had won. He narrowed his eyes at my still stone face. "Nice job" I pressed my lips together and started cleaning up the table gathering the cards together.

"Say beautiful how about I take you out with the money I have just received" he started stacking the money "not interested" I mumbled

"Are you sure" his smirk started to fade slowly. "Positive," I said quickly and started walking away having cleaned up fast. He was the only one left at the table.

"Hi girly," April said still working, I had walked up to her table and smiled. "Hi" I replied glancing back at the man.

He was weirdly still there and looking dead at me. His sweet face didn't look as sweet as it did before. I narrowed my eyes and looked back at April. "That guy is weird," I told her

She looked at me confused "who?" She asked. I nudged my head behind me. He subtlety turned her eyes behind without moving her full head to seem coy.