#12

Aesira

I sat down with April's feet on my lap. We watched as Athena did her shift, waiting for her to be done so we could do something. I was glad I took my shift earlier today because the people at night that come here always creep me out.

Even sitting here far away I felt uncomfortable. Though the feeling stuck with me throughout the day since my shift I wasn't forced to talk to them. Athena smiled kindly while shuffling. I don't understand how she is so nice to everyone. One word from any of these men I feel the need to punch them. Every. Single. Time.

"God, what time is it now?" She groaned. I looked down at my phone which sat on my thigh beside her feet. I clicked it on checking the time. "9:56," I told her. She groaned louder

"So one minute went by" she flung her arms up. "That's how time works" I shrugged my shoulders. She sighed laying down on the soft sofa in the booth we were in.

Athena packed up while laughing. The man was finished playing the game but stuck around to talk to her. She waved goodbye and walked away. "Hey, guys" she smiled.

"Took you long enough" April pointed at her. "Go get dressed so we can decide where to go" she shooed her away. "Well can one of you come with me," Athena said not leaving

"I'm too lazy," I said sitting back into the booth. "Have fun April" I patted her thigh giving it a slight push. She gave out a long groan for the millionth time and stood up. "Alright let's go Nina" she stood up grabbing Athena's hand and dragging her away "faster" she yelled dragging her body along

I chuckled to myself and placed my elbow on the table resting my chin in the palm of my hand. "Can I get you anything else Aesira?" One of the staff came grabbing the drink me and April shared.

I shook my head "no I'm ok, thank you Celeste" I smiled sweetly. She nodded her head before leaving. I sat back into the cushion and rolled my head to the side watching the place.

"Aesira?" A familiar male came in front of me. He brought me up to the penthouse. "That's me," I said emotionless. He nodded his head "r-right sorry. I need you to follow me" he said

"No" I immediately said after

"Please—you need to follow me" he almost begged. I raised a brow still not giving in. "I'll get fired if I do not convince you to follow me" he got more worried.

Fired?

"Why the hell would he fire you for as dumb as a reason like that" I leaned forward towards him. He shrugged his shoulders. He was very fidgety as he fiddled with his fingers. "This fucking man" I dragged my body from the booth and stood up. The man quickly started walking like his life depended on it.

I dragged my feet along the floor slowly behind him. He stopped and turned around. "Please hurry Miss. Frey" he said continuing to walk.

I scrunched my face. This whole situation is weird if I'm being honest and he well he is just adding to the weirdness. We walked to the elevator and stood beside each other as we watched for it to open.

Walking into it in silence he clicked the button to go up into the penthouse along with his fingerprint. I stood there quietly rocking back and forth. "So what exactly is your job?" I asked the man.

"I'm Mr. Perez's assistant, Rehan" he shared with me. I nodded my head slowly, "so what exactly do you do?" I tried making it less awkward.

Rehan sighed dramatically like he didn't want to talk to me. I raised my eyebrows turning my face fully towards him. Realizing what he just did he went on a long apology rant "I'm-I'm so sorry, gosh. It's just I was told to not talk to you and just to tell you to follow me but you kept asking questions and I didn't want to be mean to Mr. Perez's girl-"