#32

Long time no update... I know I know! I just got a new job and ive been working so much! Plus school!

Aesira

My eyes squeezed together tightly, trying to block the daylight that shunned through the window. I try moving my neck but was unable to as I felt ahead lodged between my shoulder and head. I flutter my eyes open, everything blurred because of my squinting. I look at the large window that took up literally the whole wall. The multiple buildings and skyscrapers came into view. How did I not notice this before?

My body moved slightly which led Damon to squeeze me tighter. Against him. I groaned at the moment, my whole body ached. I look down at the hands that were around my waist and started to peel them off slowly. Damon reluctantly released me and turned over so that he was facing the ceiling.

I started to take the blanket off my body and moved to sit up. My legs twitched with agony as I tried to stand up. I sighed and cursed under my breath. Looking over to make sure Damon was still asleep.

The blanket laid at Damons hips which caused his whole bare torso to be shown. His chest moved as he took each breath and his face was calm and relaxed. The hair on his head was messy and partly covered his eyes.

I look away from him and try to stand up again. My legs shook slightly but I managed to balance myself up. "Ok, one step," I told myself and started walking. I was relieved when I could walk more than one step. I wobbled to the bathroom while making sure to glance every now and then at the sleeping man.

Finally making it to the bathroom I glanced at the mirror. Damon has washed my face last night so there was no makeup left but unfortunately, my hair was frizzy and knotted together. I tried my best to comb it down with my hands but it made no difference.

I sighed and rolled my neck around stretching it. I quickly used the toilet and washed my hands. Taking a deep breath in I got myself ready to go back into his room.

I peeked out of the door and still saw Damon sleeping soundly on the bed. His arm absentmindedly moved to the opposite side he was on feeling around it. He patted the empty area which made my eyes go wide. Shit.

I quickly but quietly took a pillow from my side and wrapped it around his moving hand. He groaned in his sleep and rolled the pillow to his side now cuddling it. I sighed when he quit rustling.

I back away slowly and almost stumble when I come across our fallen clothes on the ground. I closed my eyes hoping I didn't make too much noise and continue to move away till I am at his door. I open it up slowly and close it softly. I squint my eyes till it's fully close and let out a breath of relief.

I turn around and yip. I cover my mouth quickly again trying not to make noise. Carter stood in front of me with a smile. He held a mug in both of his hands which let out steam. I look at his shirtless body and his raised brows shyly.

"Carter!" I said putting a smile on. I pressed my lips together and started shaking my leg. He looked me up and down which made his smile grew.

"Ahh, my dear Aesira...have a good night?" He shrugged both of his shoulders before taking a sip of his boiling drink. How is his mouth not burning?

"Mhm...did you?" I asked him back.

"Sure did, but looks like yours was better" he chuckled and shook his head. I licked my lips and looked down at my feet.

"So um...I should go...I have work soon" I started walking to the elevator but my legs started to wiggle halfway. "Fuck" I whispered to myself.

"Your legs ok?" Amusement laced his voice. I closed my eyes and composed myself.