10- The Camping Trip

The day of the care of magical creatures camping trip approached.

Hagrid sent us all letters for things to pack for the night. I skipped breakfast to pack up after procrastinating throughout the week. Hagrid's letter was set on my nightstand and I reread it.

Class Camping Trip:

*Disclaimer: you must be in the care of magical creatures class to attend the trip

Time & Place:
- 8am Friday - 8am Saturday
- The Forbidden Forest

Attire:
- Dress warmly!
- Coats/jackets/jumpers are recommended

Camping Activities:
- S'mores makin'
- Hiking
- Campfire (bring stories & your singing voice)
- Karaoke
- Games & more!

More details:
- 4 people per tent - 2 rooms in each tent (share with your friends)
- Professors Hagrid & Snape are supervising

I read the list a few times over and packed a small bag of warm clothes and some extra shoes for hiking. At the moment, I was solely focused on finishing packing and getting outdoors where those going on the trip were meeting up.

I sprinted out of the Hogwarts doors and barely made it on time before they began heading out to the forest.

"Come along!" Hagrid shouted.

I jogged up to Harry who was lingering behind Hermione and Ron.

"I almost missed it," I said to Harry, scaring him drastically.

He jumped out of fright as I grabbed a hold of his shoulder and suddenly popped up next to him.

"Don't do that!" he scolded, causing me to laugh at him while happily walking next to him, my bag in my free hand.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were such a wimp. I'll keep it in mind next time I try to prank you."

"Has anyone ever told you that you're bloody mean? Because they definitely should."

I gasped and hit him playfully on the shoulder. "You're lucky I'm not mean or else you'd be crying and wriggling on the ground after insulting me."

He raised his eyebrows but said no more as we arrived near the edge of the forbidden forest. The sun shone down on the mass of trees around us as the crowd of students followed Hagrid and Snape deeper into the forest, randomly stopping when leaves crunched or howls were heard in the distance.

"Do you think we're going to die out here, Harry?" I joked.

"I hope not. I almost die in here every year, I'd not like to reenact those moments."

"When have you ever almost died in here?" I skeptically questioned.

"I had detention with Malfoy in here, props to Filch. Hagrid suggested that we follow a group of spiders in here which resulted in us being attacked by them and escaping with Arthur Weasleys flying car. In third year, Sirius and I were attacked by hundreds of dementors while you were relaxing in a hospital bed."

"I was most certainly not relaxing! Ron and I had bloodied up legs and it was Sirius' fault!"

Harry laughed plainly at me until we were deep enough in the forest to set up our belongings.

"Get in groups of four! The four people you group with are the ones you will be setting up and sleeping in your tent with. Hurry along!" Snape announced.

Blaise ran up to me and snatched me away from Harry, causing me to send an apologetic smile his way.

"Ronald, you scared y/n away!" Hermione scolded from afar.