14- Hagrid's Big Day

The days following the tournament consisted mostly of studying, going to classes, and hanging out with my friends to complete homework.

"We're all good, right?" Blaise and Pansy asked while I sat with them in the library, touching up my potions essay.

"We've been fine."

They nodded and we all went back to our work, grunting and complaining each time we finished an assignment, just to start a new one. The teachers bombarded us with work before winter break, as they usually did, but this year it took a toll on us.

"Mind if I sit here?" Draco suddenly asked, grabbing a hold of the chair next to me before sitting down.

"Yes, I do mind."

He ignored my remark and sat down, placing his work on the table and taking up much of my half.

"Get your things off of my side," I said, swiping his beloningings to his half of the table.

"Side? There are no sides on this table."

"It's a nonverbal agreement that when two people sit somewhere, you split the work area. Everyone knows that, Malfoy."

"Obviously not," he mumbled.

"Let me rephrase that; people with common sense know that."

"I have lots of common sense, but thanks anyway for your invalid opinion."

"Can you two stop bickering? I can't concentrate," Pansy pleaded.

We collectively stopped talking, the only sounds were splashes of ink and quills scribbling quickly around the table.

Draco moved his foot around and lightly kicked my shin. I thought he had some sort of spasm until he decided upon doing it again, repeatedly and with much more force each time.

I kicked him back and he grinned, however, Blaise groaned when the table shook and ink splattered onto his seemingly expensive white shirt.

"Malfoy, what do you say for shaking the table?" I questioned, obviously provoking him.

"I didn't —"

"Mate, don't worry about it. I'm going to go grab a new shirt, y/n, come along."

I furrowed my eyebrows, but eventually followed Blaise all the way to the Slytherin common room and up the boys dormitory stairs, Draco sending an evil smirk my way as I left.

I sat on Blaise's bed as he grabbed a new shirt, glancing outside of his window into the clear night sky. The moonlight covered the castle grounds and brightened up the dull night. Stars glimmered throughout the sky as well, creating unique patterns and providing kindly for those who intended on stargazing or studying the underrated nighttime atmosphere.

"Do you like stars, Blaise?"

"They're just simple balls of fire, aren't they? I don't think I'm quirky because I'm fascinated in stars. They give me light and that's all I'm interested in."

I shook my head — and laughed slightly — at his response while continuing conversation rather than sitting in silence.

"I think it's cool how those 'simple balls of fire' can form patterns for those who like visualizing."

"That's why we think you're weird and twisted," Blaise joked.

I rolled my eyes and glanced at him as he changed his shirt. He turned around quickly as he noticed me and I chuckled at his reaction, considering we've been friends since — practically forever.