22- The Cycle of Hate

⚠️TW⚠️: mentions of abuse (tw will be put right above the scene and when it's over so don't be afraid to read!)

Is there something wrong, Draco?" I asked, confused as to why he was oddly glancing at me after sending an owl to his parents.

"You owled them?" he asked calmly. "You owled my parents when we were broken up?"

"Yes, I did."

"They never told me they knew. They never owled me and told me that they were sorry. They didn't care. They never comforted me. They couldn't even send a box of tissues?"

I stood there feeling slightly guilty. "I suppose they just didn't want to address it. Maybe they thought it would make you more upset?"

"Yeah," he muttered. "Sure."

"So who did? I mean, who comforted you when you were upset?"

"I did. And occasionally Blaise."

"I'm sorry."

He broke his eye contact with the floor and looked at me. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly and slid his right hand through his hair.

"Y/n, you did nothing."

"I owled them without your permission. I told them that we were broken up and I didn't even ask you if that was okay. They're your parents for Merlins sake, that should've been your job!"

"Y/n, it's truly okay."

"It's not, Draco. I should've asked. Now you're upset with them. I really don't want you to be upset or hurt in any way.."

"Y/n," Draco softly repeated, although I ignored him and kept rambling.

"I'm sure they would've comforted you and none of this would've happened if it wasn't for me and —"

"Y/n!"

I stopped speaking, appalled by his sudden outburst and pondering the words that spilled out of my mouth, wondering if I said something wrong while absentmindedly ranting.

"Y/n," he began, walking closer to me. "Why are you taking the blame? Are you okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean? I just want you to have a good relationship with your parents. I'm just trying to make sure you don't go through anything that I had to experience. My parents were so awful to me and they —"

⚠️ MENTION OF ABUSE HERE ⚠️
(Scroll quite a bit for the end of the mention)

"He hurt you," Draco said quietly, filling the silence after I stopped myself from speaking. "It's so clear now. How didn't I realize?"

"What are you on about?"

"The scar on your neck, y/n. Where did it really come from? Don't you dare lie to me because I will find out either way."

My eyes brimmed with tears. "He didn't mean it."

"He laid his filthy hands on you, didn't he? I'm going to kill him!"

"Draco, it was so long ago, please!"

"Tell me the real story, right now." Malfoy spoke with such anger and resentment. He looked as though he could murder someone with just his bare hands.