27- Partying, Puking, and Perfection

I awoke, Draco by my side, as if it were a normal morning. My dorm window let mass light into the room, giving me hard time to open our eyes as I woke up.

Pansy and Blaise crashed in the boys' dorm for once and Daphne was already out of her bed by the minute she woke up.

I checked the time and realized it was already past breakfast. I hurriedly shook Draco awake and he groaned, not entirely ready to go to classes after the weekend.

"Get up, Draco. We're going to be late."

He huffed and finally stood up, rushing to his dorm to dress for the day and refraining from talking to me, as he was grumpy and exhausted.

I brushed my hair, teeth, and applied light makeup before scurrying out of my dorm, reviving my reputation of being late.

Defense against the dark arts had already started and due to Draco's quick movement, he arrived on time. On the contrary, I snuck in late, knowing Mad-eye would most definitely catch me at some point.

I opened the creaky door slightly and stepped through, running to my assigned seat next to Draco and plopping down. I thought I was in the clear until my name was echoed throughout the room.

"Ms. L/n," Mad-eye announced, still facing the board but somehow, with his odd magical abilities, he witnessed my tardiness. "Detention."

I sighed and Draco smirked.

"Why are you happy about that?" I questioned, annoyed that I received a punishment rather then the fun I could've had with my friends.

"I'm not happy. It's taking away time I get to spend with you," he whispered.

"Then what has got you smirking?"

The corner of his mouth curled up further than before as I asked that question. He reached down into his bag and pulled out a chocolate frog box. I widened my eyes, worried that he was attempting to frighten or prank me. I ruled both of those options out as he threw the bare chocolate frog across the room.

"Detention for you also, Mr. Malfoy."

I smiled at him and he simply raised his eyebrows, transitioning back into the lesson and halting our foolishness.

When defense against the dark arts ended, we rushed outdoors for care of magical creatures.

Trudging through the grass, I thanked Draco for purposefully gaining a detention to hang out with me.

The wind picked up slightly. It was chilly for a late March morning. I began shivering and slightly chattering my teeth, resulting in Draco's jacket to be wrapped around my body and his arm to be slung across my shoulders.

"You're so kind, Malfoy," I said in a teasing manner.

"You're needy," he answered.

I shoved him away from me playfully and he pushed me back. I veered away from him slowly but he inched closer by the second.

I sped up but he slyly grabbed my wrist, concealing our tomfoolery to the other classmates. He then yanked my arm and I was pulled into his chest. His arms were around my neck tightly, although not tight enough to choke me.

I wriggled around tremendously, but his grip was exceedingly tight and there was no use to try and escape. The Malfoy's always got their way.

"Don't fight it," he mumbled in my ear and I relaxed in his grip, grinning from ear to ear.

He dipped his head down to where he looked upside down on my end. I looked up and he placed a soft kiss on my forehead before tearing his arms from me and pushing me away.