17- Sealed With a Kiss

The days whizzed by, anxiousness suffocated the students, and the Yule Ball was just a few days away.

Blaise and Pansy obviously agreed to go with one another. Draco seemed to be going with his secret girlfriend, although I never officially asked what his plans were. Hermione claimed to have a date, only to me of course, to prevent Ron from becoming upset. It seemed as if many people had already planned on going together. I was simply waiting to be asked, either as a date or as friends.

I sat next to Draco, glancing at all of the pleased students, as they had a delicious meal and most also had dates. I rested my hand under my chin as I disappointedly looked around, attempting to think of any possible person to attend the dance with.

Filch was always free.

I giggled softly at the thought and my three friends sent me an odd glance.

"Oh — just thought of something," I muttered, going back to scoping the room.

"Everything okay?" Pansy asked, placing her hand atop of my free hand set upon the table.

"Yeah, dandy."

She smiled and Blaise did as well, although Draco saw right through me.

"Still don't have a date?" he questioned.

"Is that any of your business?"

"It is if I take you."

"What?" I said, staring at him in shock. "I'm not going with you. You have a girlfriend anyways, don't you?"

"She knows our relationship is platonic; no need to worry so much."

"Sorry, I decline."

He sighed and I glanced around the room, remembering the promise Harry agreed to; If I taught him how to dance he would get me a date. I jumped up from the table and rushed over to sit next to Harry, shooing Ron away.

"You promised you'd get me a date!" I blurted out quickly, hoping he had someone in mind.

"Only if you taught me how to dance!"

"Tonight, after dinner, meet up with me and you'll be able to dance by dawn."

He agreed and I smiled before heading back to the table.

"Don't tell me you just asked Potter to go to the ball with you," Draco complained.

"I didn't, but it wouldn't be your concern anyways. I'm giving him dancing lessons if you were wondering."

"Of course the dimwit can't dance."

"Don't act like you're so talented, Malfoy. We all know that you can't swim still. It's pathetic."

"I can swim," he groaned.

"Keep telling yourself that."

With that, I got up and headed to transfiguration, Draco trudging along behind me. McGonagall was standing at the door, waiting to make an announcement before all of the students filed into the room.

"Everyone in potions, transfiguration, charms, and herbology are due to go to the great hall for a study period. The classrooms are occupied!"

We all sighed and walked back to the great hall. I was about to sit next to Draco but the Gryffindor trio caught my eye and I ran over to them, leaving the blonde boy alone and unhappy.

"Hey," I said, sitting in between Hermione and Harry.

They all greeted me and we pulled out our assigned work, scribbling quickly and getting as much done as we could.