san // parenthood struggles

not proof read

having a child with an idol would never be easy, you knew this. you both knew this, but you felt that after 5 years of dating you were ready. you had been dating since you were 16, you have a daughter who is nearly 3 years old now and another who is only 8 months old. some nights were harder than others though. those nights where san would stay extra long to perfect a dance routine or help hongjoong with a song, and don't even get me started on when he was away for a tour for 2 months!

i was sitting on mine and sans bed, i checked my phone to see if he had updated me on when he was coming home, nothing yet. the time was 9pm, he could even stay there for another 3 hours minimum. i started to scroll through instagram when i heard my youngest daughter starting to cry, i quickly turned around on the bed and picked her up, cradling her in my arms. no matter how long i held her she didn't stop crying, these kids drove me crazy sometimes... no matter how much i love them.

"sweetie i know you have no idea what i am saying but please stop crying." i said to her as i rocked her back and forth in my arms, she started to calm down and i heard the bedroom door slam open and my eldest daughter ran in.

"hey i though i put you to bed!" i yelled

"nooo, i'm not tired!"

"yes you are! you were playing outside in the pool all day!"

"i won't go sleep until daddy gets home!" she said with a smug expression. i glared at her and was about to reply when my phone vibrated, it was a text from san.

"i won't be home for 2 hours.. sorry! are you doing okay?"

"these kids are driving me insane can you ask wooyoung to come over and help me please?"

"he's on his way already, he ran out of the door as soon as i mentioned your names..."

"thanks you're the best!"

i closed the messages app and waited until i heard wooyoung ringing the doorbell, i quickly ran down the stairs and opened the door where i was greeted by an out of breath wooyoung. he flopped to the floor and started crawling to the kitchen to get water, it was honestly kind of scary. wooyoung is the god father to your children, they love him so much. you heard your eldest daughter running down the stairs and then a bang in the kitchen. you ran in to see what happened when you found her on top of wooyoung who was laying on the floor, she obviously shoved him over.

"UNCLE WOOYOUNGGG!" she screamed in his ear making him laugh and hug her, i stood leaning against the doorframe as i watched them. i stared drifting off into sleep even while standing, i didn't notice until wooyoung pointed it out.

"wow you look so tired! go and get some sleep i will look after your small children!"

"no it's fine, they're my children too i should help"

"well to be honest y/n... i wouldn't be here if it was fine!"

"okay you got me.. the youngest is asleep in my room so you don't need to worry about her, just this loud, annoying one" i said as i pointed my finger at her

"hey! i'm not annoying!" she said as she tried to run after me but wooyoung held her back

"have a good sleep y/n!" wooyoung shouted as i started to walk upstairs

"no have a bad sleep!" i heard my daughter shout which made her and wooyoung laugh. i moved the youngest into her crib that was next to the bed and lay down, maybe i could actually get some good sleep tonight because of wooyoung! i felt my eyes start to shut and read the clock before i fell asleep, 10:02pm..

i woke up to the sound of my daughter crying next to me, i checked the time and it was 11:56pm, maybe san was downstairs with them now. i quickly went over to her and picked her up, sitting back down on the bed with her in my arms. i started rocking her but she didn't stop crying.

"are you hungry or something?" i said while grabbing a bottle, i tried to feed her but she clearly didn't want it and started crying harder.

"why is parenthood so hard?" i sighed as i tried thinking of other solutions, i had literally tried everything. i took her blanket off of her and stood her up on my lap to look at me.

"what's wrong cutie?" i said, slowly giving up. tears of frustration started building up in my eyes. i just wanted to cry it all out. i heard the door open behind me suddenly and san entered, he approached us with his arms out as he saw her crying. i quickly handed her over to him and sighed in relief. she stopped crying as soon as he picked her up, who knew babies could pick favourites?

"oh, thank god." i said as i climbed back into bed, switching off the lamp next to the bed.

"heyyy you can't sleep yet i wanna talk to you!" san whined

"i'm so tired san! these kids are driving me crazy!" i muttered still half asleep

"hold on don't fall asleep yet!" he said as he placed her back in her crib. he quickly changed into sweatpants and climbed in the bed next to me, he then pulled me closer to him.

"tell me about your day i missed you~" san whispered as you told eachother about your days as you both slowly fell asleep.

———————————

nearly abandoned this but 😀.. stream their new kingdom performance? it doesn't help them but it's so good.. also mingi was in the song 😩😩😩 rlly missing my bias rn