CH 09

"Go on a date with me

"Go on a date with me." Those words lingered in your head as you stared at your laptop. You were having a class but it seemed like you couldn't focus. Letting out a groan, you scratched your head aggressively causing your friend, Sana, to notice. She held onto your arm to stop you from scratching your head before asking if you were alright. Sighing, you leaned against your seat to take in a deep breath before parting your lips to speak. You gave her a vague summary of what happened saying that someone asked you out. Her eyes sparkled in excitement wondering who was it and whether that someone was in the same university. Shaking your head, you explained that he was someone you knew from a mutual friend. Sorry, Hinata.

Sana patted your cheek before taking out a candy to give it to you. "I mean you are a really pretty girl with a nice personality! Plus, you were an idol trainee. Which guy wouldn't ask you out?" Sana giggled while you tore the wrapper. "That's not the point, Sana..." "Then what is?" She tilted her head curiously. *He's my cousin's fellow teammate.* You thought before resting a palm on your cheek. "Do you like him?" Those words made your eyes widen. Well, Bokuto was outgoing, humorous, cheeky and was quite the charmer. Not forgetting that his adorable little yelps here and there. Furthermore, his body figure was a bonus. His presence makes you feel comfortable and you found yourself staring at him at times. Chewing your inner cheek, you fiddled with your pen and parted your lips. "Yes, I do."

"I'm telling you, Akaashi. It's bad." Atsumu was on the phone during practice. He looked over at Bokuto to see him lying on the court surrounded by the other boys. "Do you know how many germs are there on the court? Footsteps and whatnot have a lot of germs, you dumb owl." Sakusa cringed in disgust being the clean-freak he was. Bokuto mumbled something that the others couldn't make out and sighed. "Oi, Hinata! Do something!" Kageyama threw a ball at the shorter male. "What do you want me to do? It's y/n's choice!" Hinata yelled. "Relax, Bokuto. Maybe she needs more time to think." Ushijima tried to make him feel better. "That's right. You can't expect her to answer you immediately, bro." Hoshiumi agreed.

Atsumu hung up the call and walked over to Bokuto. He yanked him up and lightly slapped his cheek. "Ow! Why did you do that?" Bokuto whimpered and held onto his cheek. "Akaashi told me to do so." Atsumu shrugged as if it was nothing. Bokuto held onto his hair and pulled it before yelling. "Why don't you answer me, y/n?!" He yelled before letting out a cry. "She will get back to you soon." Hinata shoved a ball into Bokuto's stomach. "How do you know?" Bokuto pouted and poked the ball. "She's my cousin and I know her well. C'mon, let's practice." Hinata clapped before walking off.

Night fell and you stood before Bokuto's door. You held your hand up to knock and the door immediately swung upon to see Bokuto fresh out of the shower. His hair was down which hit differently making your cheeks flush. "Y-Y/n!" He stuttered. "Hey, Bokuto. Are you free now?" You asked while fiddling your fingers. He nodded and invited you into his room, closing the door behind him. "So about that day-" "It's okay if you don't want to go out with me, y/n! I'm fine with it and I understand why!" Bokuto sped talk making you stand there with wide eyes. The way he babbled and stuttered his words made him look so adorable causing you to soften up.

A giggle escaped your lips making Bokuto shut up and stare at you. "Did I just say something wrong?" "Of course not! I wouldn't have laughed if you did. Seeing you behaving like this was adorable." You smiled shyly. "Y-You think I'm adorable?" His eyes shimmered in joy and you nodded in response. "Why did you jump to the conclusion that I was going to reject you? After seeing you act like that, I think I couldn't bring myself to do so." You hung your head shyly. Bokuto felt his surroundings stop for a second to process what you just said. "You mean..." "I would love to go on a date with you, Bokuto." You confirmed his thought. His lips quivered before biting onto them while his eyes widened in joy. "This feeling is better than scoring a point! Thank you, y/n!" He bounced in his spot. "It's nothing, Bokuto. I can't wait for it." "Me too!" He agreed before whipping out his phone.

"Hey hey hey, Akaashi! Guess what? I'm taking y/n on a date!"

"Dude, you're blowing my eardrums."

Bonus: Here's some pics of Bokuto with his hair down fresh outta the shower 😗

Credits go to the rightful owners