𝟎𝟒. 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

ᴛᴡ: ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ᴀssᴜʟᴛ

❝Manipulation is a contagious disease much more dangerous than the flu because it can endure for a lifetime❞

- Dorothy McCoy

Pain. it's not supposed to be experienced that way. It's supposed to make you shutter, to create a need to protect yourself from it. But not for Anna, no for her I was addicting. She didn't miss the girl she was when she was human - but god (if there ever was one) did she miss the opportunities she had as a human. Not the opportunities to have children, grow, have a normal life. No. That she didn't miss either. She missed the opportunity to harm herself so easily.

Aro had in cooperation with Marcus overruled Caius in the decision that Anna would be staying in his room, so that it'd be easier for him to work on getting her humanity back on, and keep a close eye on her until he succeeded in doing so. Anna however was as you can imagine far from pleased with this new deal. Being under constant surveillance meant Anna couldn't do exactly as she pleased. More specifically invoke pain on others to feel pain herself.

VOLTERRA, ITALY - VOLTURI CASTLE

CAIUS AND ANNAS ROOM

"I'm bored" Anna exclaimed looking over at her supposed soulmate who was sitting in the corner of the room doing some sort of paperwork. "and what do you suppose I am to do about that?" Caius replied to her not even looking up from the stack of papers at his desk, "entertain me. obviously" she snarked. "in case you haven't noticed, I'm busy," Caius countered, gesturing to the stack of papers on his desk,  in all honesty he would love to leave behind the tedious paperwork and find something to do with Anna that would keep them both entertained, but he knew there was no use trying to find a thing they could do together, because the girl sitting across the room from him wasn't the person he wanted to spend time with, she wasn't his souldmate, his Anna. no. she was someone else, and every  time he tried to figure out how to help her get back to herself, she ended up distracting his thinking, almost as if she could read his mind, and was purposely trying to lead him away from finding a way to bring the 'real Anna' back.