𝟏𝟏. 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐩𝐬𝐞

(ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ: ᴀʀᴏ's ᴡɪsᴅᴏᴍ)

❝Something I learned about people

Something I learned about people... if they do it once, they'll do it again

THE VOLTURI CASTLE - ANNAS AND CAIUS' ROOM

A wedding is a beautiful thing. The connection of two souls into one, the idea of a never ending partner ship and unconditional love. During a wedding it's almost like existing in an alternate reality where everything is perfect and every one is without a care in the world.

Unfortunately the bubble has to burst eventually, and burst it did.

Being back in Forks had Brought up a lot of unwelcome memories for Anna, it had brought back all her negative feeling about herself, as well as Caius. The rejection, the suicide, the crumbling of her family as a result of her decaying mental health. And now that she was back in Italy, her new home, she was met with an overwhelming amount of insecurity and self-hatred. She could hardly look herself in the mirror without feeling trapped in a body that she desperately wanted to escape. 

As soon as they had returned to the castle, Anna had locked herself in her and Caius' room, and there she was now, a few days later, all alone. Caius had noticed Annas change in demeanor as soon as she set foot in their room, at first he had tried talking to her, but in the end he settled for giving her space. In truth he had no idea what to say or do to help her, so he had made an escape to his art-room where he could try to work out his frustration without feeling like he was bothering Anna who clearly wasn't in a good place at the moment.

As Anna sat on the bed contemplating how her life had come to this, all the feeling involved with her depression came creeping back. She knew she was in a downwards spiral, but she had no idea how to stop it, and to be honest, she wasn't sure she wanted to. Because as she sat there, the part of depression that no one wants to talk about, hit her. The part where you enjoy the sadness, the part where your discomfort turns into comfort.