𝟏𝟎. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

❝The higher you build walls around your heart, the harder you fall when someone tears them down❞

The higher you build walls around your heart, the harder you fall when someone tears them down

Two beautiful, blue eyed blondes walked town the soon to be isle arm in arm, their heads held high as the wedding service was just about to begin, they were as you would call it 'fashionably late' but of course that was planned as they drew the attention of everyone at the weeding who had already taken their seats, but they didn't get to see nearly another to satisfy their curiosity as the two beautiful beings decided to sit down at the back row, merely minutes before Isabella swan came walking down the isle.

A FEW HOURS EARLIER

The blonde wig had been secured on her head, now all Anna needed to keep her identity a secret was the blue contacts similar to the ones Caius had taken to wearing though a shade darker, so that they wouldn't look too much like siblings. 

The story was that Caius was Carlisles brother, and that Anna was his wife, Athena, seeing as the closer to the truth a lie is, the easier it is to pull off, and once upon a time Carlisle and Caius had almost been brothers, and once upon a time Caius had been married to a beautiful blonde by the name of Athenadora also called Athena.

"Anna, darling we're late," Anna exited the bathroom of their luxurious hotel room and sent Caius a playful look, "and here I thought you said and I quote 'a king is never late nor is he early he arrives precisely when he means to'" she countered, "besides it never hurt no one to be fashionably late" Anna then continued to tell him "who are you and what have you done to Anna?" Caius chuckled. 

"oh you haven't noticed, Anna had been replaced by Athena today, not to mention Anna does have a twin by the name of Jessica, who'd be very proud of her, thus this 'Anna' stands by her previous statement" Anna played along, Caius threw his head back in laughter, and brought the girl in for a hug. "Are you ready to go my love?" he asked, "indeed I am" she slightly chuckled, loving this new playful version of them. 

He took her hand and together they ran to the wedding where they showed up about 20 minutes late though still a few minutes prior to the ceremony.

PRESENT TIME

The service had been beautiful, Bella and Edward suited each other well, that much Anna was willing to admit, even though she wasn't too fond of them due to their recent radio silence, she figured they had good intentions, and had only kept from contacting her in order to let her find her place in Italy without disruptions. 

Anna and Caius were pstanding to the side during the reception, when Anna spotted her mom and sister conversing with Esme and Carlisle, smiles prominent on their faces. It stung in Annas heart - seeing them so happy, so at peace, they never looked so care free when she lived with them, and it hit her just then, how much of a burden she had truly been. And she couldn't hide her sadness as her face fell, and venom pooled in her eyes

Caius quickly noticed Annas troubled expression, and after following her line of sight he quickly put two and two together. It angered him that her family was able to look so joyous when she was right there - being excluded. But now wasn't the time for anger, his anger would not help Anna in any way, so instead he grabbed her hand and lead her to the dance floor

"you know I've never danced before" Anna told him as they swayed back and forth to the quiet evening music, "and judging by the 30 seconds that I now have, you should probably expect for me to step on your toes sooner or later," she continued with a mischievous smile, Caius chuckled at her, "if stepping on my toes is what'll cheer you up, then go ahead and step all you want" he laughed, Anna soon joining him. 

In that moment the two were completely oblivious to the world surrounding them, and there by also oblivious to the Cullens and Stanleys standing in the back of the gathering with wondering looks on all their faces, how had the two gone from hating each other to this? In truth they had all wished that Caius had found the ability to control Anna yet not the ability to make her fall in love with him, (because it was clear to them that that was what was happening) because if she fell in love with him, they would never get her back. Now it stood clear that they in their attempt to give her space, had pushed her into Caius' arms and she would never be the same.

After the dance Caius and Anna decided to mingle for a bit, it took some convincing to get Caius to agree to mingle with people he considered inferior to himself, but it took only one reminder from Anna that she had been one of those people not that long ago, for Caius to follow her around as she greeted the larger part of the present guests. However there was one guest that she didn't have the heart to introduce herself to - Jessica - When Caius and Anna had first arrived a day prior to the wedding, Denise had told Anna about her decision to not tell Jessica that Anna was attending. She meant it would only cause both the girls unnecessary pain to see each other without being able to stay together. Anna supposed she had a point, but watching Jessica from afar, a look of sadness over taking her every time one was paying attention hurt Anna very deeply, all she wanted to do was give her her twin a hug and tell her that everything would be alright, but truth be told - she doubted that it would.

It was late when the guest waved goodbye to the newlyweds who were off to their honeymoon, Anna had had a tough day, and she couldn't wait to go back home, her home in Italy. When she had first arrived she had fought with the Cullens about her past, and about her moms apparent lack of grief, she had been hurt and angry. In fact so much so that she had considered skipping the wedding all together, but in the end she was glad that she didn't, because as she stood there about to send her former best friend and brother off on their honeymoon she realized something. Italy had become her home. Caius had become her home, and the point that she had found within herself as she danced with Caius earlier on during the evening, now stood clearer than ever. She was falling for him.