I Do.

-Dominic-

Oh, God. 

I look at myself in the mirror, in the dress I had never imagined I'd see myself wearing. 

If you had told me when I was younger that one day I would be ending my story just like a princess would at the end of hers, I would have laughed at you and told you that was disgusting...and yet, here I was. I wasn't comfortable, I knew that I wouldn't be the moment I stepped into the wedding dress store. I could appreciate the beauty, intricacy, tradition but I found out that I had insecurities that I wasn't even insecure about before. 

I was always proud of my figure, broad shoulders, strong arms, legs, back, but when you have someone who looks like the stereotypical man putting on a dress, it just doesn't look right. I still wasn't the princess that Disney had shown presented me, the Queen of England wouldn't be forgiving either I'd imagine. 

My brothers weren't a great help although I commend their attempt at motivating me. Jake and Zack were better but they kept clashing with one another about what I looked better in. Zack picked out something in lace but Jake was convinced tulle was more my style. Jason didn't show up. The only person I was truly grateful for being there was Jessica who already had a bunch of experience with wedding dress shopping and was really enthusiastic and helpful. I told her what I was worried about and she reassured me that I looked beautiful and that whatever I decided to wear, Blake would love. 

After a couple of hours, I was getting tired of getting in and out of dresses that built internal conflicts in me but as we were about to leave, my eyes lingered around the room of the little boutique a little longer before something caught my eye. The guys had already left and only Jessica and I were there. She noticed my pause but didn't say anything as I walked towards the dress. 

I was in love with it instantly but...unsure. I looked back at Jessica and was about to ask her what she thought but fear made the question stick to my throat. It turned out I didn't have to ask it though because when she saw the way I had looked at it, a grin formed on her face and she gave me a nod, 

"It's beautiful."

Those words made my chest feel light and so I took it from the hanger in excitement and went to put it on. 

Ever since that day, whenever I was asked what dress I would be wearing by any of the guys I would joke that I'd be wearing a white suit to twin with Blake. They'd complain at first, Arthur wouldn't approve at all, the rest would roll their eyes and eventually accept the idea. 

"But- but the sparkly train!" Jake cried and Zack would try to console him while indulging in exaggerated sadness. It always made me laugh. 

 Xavier was the only one who called bullshit, saying that if it wasn't a dress, he wasn't going to show up.

I would chuckle at the memory but I was too in awe at the dress that glistened on my body, emphasising everything I was proud of while also making me look unrecognisable in the best way. 

A knock on the door caught my attention and I looked round to see Jessica in her bridesmaid's dress. All of the bridesmaids, who included the girls from Ottawa and Tara from Texas, were in a deep burgundy but all of them were in different styles that best suited what they wanted to wear and their body types. They all looked beautiful which they proved to me when the rest of them peaked through too, squealing or complimenting me as they came in which made me smile in glee. 

After they helped me with some finishing touches we went down to meet the guys who were waiting for the "suit" that I was going to be wearing. Their backs were turned to me when I got there and apart from Nick and Zack shoving each other over something small I'd imagine, they were quiet and waiting.