𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

As the three surgeons made their way to the hospital, Abigail sat awkwardly sandwiched between the two kids in the back seats. Derek sat in the passenger seat, a pile of flashcards in is hands as he muttered to himself under his breath.

Once they'd finally arrived and taken the kids up to the day care, Meredith took Abigail to the pit before her surgery with Dr Webber. "There is a viral infection running rampant through this hospital. It feels like flu symptoms, then G.I stuff. It goes without saying that soap, water and hand sanitizer are your best friends. If you feel sick and you can go home. Then go home. Spread the word. That's all for now."

There was a man stood at the nurses station. He had light ginger hair, wearing dark blue scrubs just like Derek and Meredith. Abigail read "Owen Hunt M.D" on his white coat, and underneath was written "Chief of Surgery"

"Owen hey." Meredith called as we approached the man. "This is my sister, Abigail."

"Hey, yeah Richard came and spoke to me about another Grey." He stretched his hand out for the girl to shake. "Dr Owen Hunt."

Abigail happily took it, giving it a firm shake. "So, Richard said you were the man to talk to about getting a job around here."

Owen smiled faintly at the girls forwardness. "Yeah, come with me. We'll talk in my office." Abigail nodded subtly as she followed the man through the hospital until they got to what she obviously presumed to be Owens office.

"Please take a seat." He said as her gestured to the two chairs in front of his desk. As Abigail took a seat Owen started to talk again. "So Dr Grey, your in Nuero right?"

"Yes, sir"

"Look, I've taken a look over your file from when you worked in Boston. And I have to say, you have a pretty impressive reputation. I have no doubt that you would fit in here. So we can talk details and get everything sorted. Just one question. When could you be able to start by?"

"Umm. As soon as possible, whenever best fits you."

"Great. We're down quiet a few today due to this virus going around so once we work the details out we can get you into some scrubs ASAP."

———

Meredith just stood and watched as the Chief and her sister sat and spoke for around an hour or so, when finally the two stood up, shook each others hand. When Abigail left the room Meredith broke into a gentle jog to catch up with her sister. "So? How'd it go?"

"Can you show me where the attendings lounge is? I need to get changed." Abigail said with a proud look plastered on her face. Meredith just stood there and smirked. "Don't mess this up kid" She said bumping shoulder with her sister.

———

Abigail was just stood in the ER with a tablet in hand, coming to grips with how the system worked. Many people had come up to her, clearly not recognising the woman stood there.

"Hi, umm. Are you new here?" Abigail looked up to see a woman, also dressed in dark blue scrubs, with red hair and a rather high pitched voice, looking at her with her eyebrows raised in questioning.

"Umm yeah. Hi, I'm Abigail Grey. The new Neuro attending."

"Oh. I didn't know we we getting a new attending. Wait did you say Grey? As in Meredith Grey?"