𝕋𝕖𝕟

"Are you actually gonna go?" Abby asked Meredith as they finished breakfast. Derek had been offered a job in DC for his brain mapping project. There was also a secured attending job for Meredith there. Derek seemed adamant on them moving, Meredith not so much.

"Its looks like it." Meredith sighed, it was clear she still didn't know if this is what she wanted, but her husband wasn't really giving her room to say no. Although with Cristina leaving for Switzerland, it wouldn't be a surprise if Meredith left too. 

"I mean if you want it, go for it. But Meredith." There was a pause whilst Abby waited for her sister to look up at her. "Make sure that you actually want it. Don't just follow him blindly." She touched her sisters arm comfortingly before heading to get ready for the day.

------

Abby had just gotten out of surgery and was updating her patients chart on her tablet at the nurses station when Ross and Edwards both came round the corner, by the looks of it just getting out of surgery. Abby wasn't really listening to their conversation until she heard a certain someone's name. "Just finished an aneurysm clip with Dr. Shepherd." Edwards gloated. Abby wasn't gonna lie, that girl had a knack for neuro. 

"Shepherd or Shepherdess?" Ross questioned all too seriously for the words that had just come out of his mouth.

"Shepherdess." Edwards grinned back, not realizing that Amelia had appeared behind her. Abby just watched the scene unfold.

"Shepherdess?" Amelia asked, clearly not knowing she had been given the nickname. 

"Uh, sorry. It's just very confusing." Ross stammered out from behind Edwards. 

"I kinda like it. Shepherdess." Amelia just smirked and nodded. 

"Oh, well, before it was just "Shepherd's little sister." So." Abby grimaced, knowing Edwards shouldn't have said that, watching as she just stood there and laughed. 

"Ooh. Probably shouldn't have said that." Abby whispered, bringing everybody's attention to her.

Amelia looked down a she spoke. "Edwards, do you like working on neuro?" Edwards just nodded, still not knowing what Amelia meant by the question. "Don't ever say that to me again." She just nodded again before hurrying off, Ross on her heals.

Abby went back her chart, expecting Amelia to leave as well. That was until she felt a pair of eyes burning into the side of her head. "Take a picture Shepherd. It'll last longer." She chuckled when she saw the blush painted on Amelia's face. "You know you're cute when you blush." She smirked still just looking at the girl. 

Amelia cleared her throat in order to try and compose herself. "Ummm. We need to talk." 

"That we do." Abby sighed, pushing herself off the station she was leaning against making her way over to the woman. "Is this really where you wanna do it though?" 

Abby's face was now only inches away from Amelia's and all she could muster was a shake of her head. Then suddenly, startling both women, she grabbed the other woman by the wrist and dragged her to a nearby on call room. Once they had gotten inside, the door practically slammed shut and Abby found herself pressed against it. She leaned in to whisper in Amelia's ear, "You know, I'd much rather be pinning you in this situation. But I'll take what I can get." 

Amelia's breathing rate increased slightly, before she took a step back. "I'm serious, can we talk?" Abby just nodded for her to continue. "We kissed."

"I know. I was there." Abby chuckled, while Amelia just shot her a 'seriously' glare. She just raised her hands in surrender, "Okay, serious. We kissed. I'm guessing your next question is: what does that mean, for us?" A slight nod was sent her way to confirm what she had said was true. "Well, I have two questions. Number one. Has anything you said changed, are you sure you don't regret it cause I don't wanna make a move and you not be comfortable or-"

Amelia cut her off. "Nothings changed. I want this." She practically whispered the ending. Gaining confidence she took a step forward to close the gap between them. Abby just bit her lip looking down at the woman in front of her, who was obviously looking at her lips and back up to her eyes, almost as if asking for permission. "You had another question?" She whispered. 

"Not anymore." She shook her head before closing the very small gap between them, crashing their lips together. Amelia let out a sigh of relief when their lips connected, almost as if she'd been waiting for it to happen. Her hands moved behind the taller woman, as she began playing with the little hairs and scratching lightly at the bottom of her neck. 

Abby moved her hands to Amelia's hips, pulling her impossibly closer, causing her to gasp slightly even though it came out as a bit of a moan. Amelia felt Abby smirk into the kiss before flipping them round, now pressing Amelia against the door, again eliciting a soft moan from her. 

Abby pulled away, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she just looked at the woman pressed against her. She still had a large smirk plastered on her face, causing Amelia to gently smack her chest, "Shut up." 

"Happily." Abby replied before moving her lips down to Amelia's neck, leaving gently yet passionate kisses and moving up to just below her ear. She felt the woman shudder under her touch and it drove her crazy. "Let me make you dinner." She mumbled against Amelia's neck, before pulling back to look at her. The smaller woman just nodded too flustered to speak. "Tomorrow night. What time do you get off?" 

"Umm, I think if off early tomorrow. 6 maybe?" 

"Perfect. See you round gorgeous." Abby pressed another gently kiss to the other woman's lips, going to open the door. Sending her a wink before disappearing down the hallway. 

Amelia was still stood in the on call room, flustered, chest heaving. She bit her lip thinking about what Abigail Grey was doing to her.

Hi, I just wanted to ask  how people are liking this story so far. I have a lot to improve on so any feedback is appreciated. But if you are enjoying this please let me know. :)

Also let me know if you like this chapter.