𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Abigail Marie Grey has always been likable, to everybody but one. Her mother. Its not that Ellis didn't love her daughters, although that was questionable, she had always made them feel like chores. She always wondered why her mother always showed such disdain, maybe it was her middle name and the regrettable decision to use her old friends name after how that ended, or maybe it was the fact that she wasn't as quiet and obedient as Meredith was as a kid. Ellis Grey never showed any warmth to anybody, but for her youngest daughter that coldness ran deeper. 

Some would say that this lead to Abby having severe mommy issues, not to mention the daddy issues that Thatcher Grey left behind but thats for another day. And by 'some' I mean almost anyone who ever really knew her. Especially her wife, Kayleigh. It had kind of become a running joke between the two. It was not something Abby took offence too, as she too found her very obvious parental issues rather amusing. Not that is was amusing she just used humor as a way to cope. 

But when Kayleigh died Abby's entire world crumbled around her. Kayleigh was the first person that Abby had ever truly let in, and yet when she died, Abigail only grieved for 9 months, then 4 months later she packed up her life and moved to Seattle. Where she met Amelia Frances Shepherd, and jumped in head first. Now, a total of 16 months since her wife's death, here she is with a sort of girlfriend, scared to fully let her in. But she can't deny what shes feeling, no matter how much it terrifies her.

------

Abby was walking through the corridors of the hospital, after just getting out of surgery, when she spotted Maggie Pierce stood at the nurses station. "Hey. Heard you blew up an OR today." Abby greeted with a chuckle. Maggie had managed to tell an entire OR about Alex Karev's 'return' to the hospital from private practice. In front of his boss, resulting in him getting fired. 

"Wow, news travels fast through here." Maggie said almost in disbelief at how the woman in front of her had already heard about her and her big mouth. Abby just chuckled again as she nodded, "Oh yeah, like you wouldn't believe. Nurses are the biggest gossips, especially Bokhee." She stated matter of factly with a toothy grin. 

This took Maggie by surprise. "Really, I don't think I've ever heard her speak." Abby had to admit Bokhee was the quiet type but give her something to gossip about and shes off. She found that the sweet woman's constant story telling was actually rather endearing. "Oh yeah, but her stories are great, when she talks about her grand kids and her face lights up under her mask. Its great, shes a good chat, and a better listener." Abby described with  a gentle smile as she took off down the hallway to the ER. 

------ 

As Amelia walked into the cafeteria she spotted Abby sat at a table by herself, eating her lunch with her headphones in gently drumming the beat on the table with her left hand. Amelia couldn't help but smile at how cute yet somewhat dorky she looked, sat by herself dancing and drumming in her seat. 

She was going to make her way over to sit with her when she spotted Richard, remembering she had to talk about his share in the meeting the other day, where he revealed he had just found he had a daughter. Although that conversation was cut short when Maggie walked over. To end the awkward silence Richard spoke up introducing the two. "Um. Amelia Shepherd, do you know Dr. Maggie Pierce?" Amelia just looked back at Richard before turning back to Maggie to take her extended hand. 

"Weird, you're the second Dr. Shepherd I've met today." She said almost as a request for an explanation. 

"Derek is my brother." Amelia said just smiling up at the woman in front of her, completely unaware of the eyes looking at her. Across the room Abby sat picking at her lunch, chin in her palm gazing at the Shepherd girl with a loving smile painted on her face.