𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Abigail was making her way through the corridors, a huge smile slapped on her face, trying to find her sister. She felt like she couldn't have been happier in that moment, she had a date with Amelia Shepherd. She had so much to do, to plan, but the first thing she wanted to do was tell her sister. That was until her pager went off.

911 in the ER. All doctors needed.

She ran through the halls towards the ER. The closer she got the more chaotic everything was. When she finally arrived it was hectic. Families packed into the waiting area, that was no where near big enough to accommodate them all. Cries of patients in agony. The shouts of parents who had lost their children in all the ruckus. Abby didn't know where to look, until her eyes landed on April Kepner.

"Kepner! Where do you need me?" Abby shouted over the bustle of panic.

"Umm. Check with Shepherd, Amelia, see if she needs you. If not triage, asses and treat." She said clearly stretched thin.

"Yes ma'am" Abby took off again to find Amelia, who was just coming out of surgery. She had caught both Amelia and Derek entering the scrub room whilst the OR was being turned over. "Shepherd. You need me?"

"Not right now, maybe later though." She shot a quick wink towards the younger Grey causing her to chuckle sightly. Once she realized her brother was in the room, her demeanor changed before speaking again. "I'll page you if I do."

Once Abby had left for the ER Derek looked at his sister, eyebrows raised in questioning. "What was that?" Amelia looked up at him feigning innocence.

"What was what?"

"'Maybe later'?" He repeated. "You and Abby?"

"What she's hot, I'm hot." Amelia chuckled and shrugged before leaving again for the OR.

------

Abby had been in the ER handling traumas and any other patients that needed treating. The entire ER staff were running round like headless chickens trying to cover everyone. Patients family members were all crowded around the TV as the news claimed that hospitals may be the next target in this attack following the explosion at the mall. "Someone turn that god damn TV off!" Abby yelled over everyone trying to calm the panic. When her pager buzzed, she looked down to see Meredith had called for a neuro consult.

When she got there Meredith was stood with Bailey, who was about to go into surgery. "Mer, you called neuro?"

"Yeah, head CT shows probable TBI. You're in with Bailey." Abby nodded before walking with Bailey, looking over the patients scans.

------

Everything was ,thankfully, pretty much over. The ER had practically emptied, suspects had been taken into custody and just overall panic came to an end. Abby was currently stood hugging Cristina saying goodbye. It was time for her to leave. The two were swaying slightly, enjoying the small amount of time they had left. "Keep an eye on her for me." Cristina whispered in Abby's ear. She just nodded before pulling away.

"Go. Find her. Have your epic goodbye." Cristina just turned around waving slightly as she left. Abby smiled as she watched the woman walking away's figure get smaller, knowing this would be good for her. She too turned around walking across the catwalk seeing Amelia looking over the edge, over the lobby of the hospital. "Hey, you okay?"

"I just feel bad." She sighed back. Abby moved to stand next to her, their shoulders pressed together.

"You lose someone?"

"No, no. I-I didn't lose a single one. That's why I feel bad cause I feel so good. This is the thing Abby. This is what it feels like. It feels like-"

"Candy." Abby cut her off. "But with blood."

"Only so much better. And Derek, I mean I was still in his shadow, but I didn't even care. And the only thing that would've made it better was if his shadow was gone, so Mer and Derek can go and be happy-" Just then Cristina stomped through the halls, dragging Meredith, who was clearly confused, behind her.

"I thought she got in a cab." Abby muttered as they watched the two pass. "Huh, anyway. I have never seen you as being in your brothers shadow Amelia. I have never seen you as just 'Derek Shepherd's little sister'. You're amazing and it took far too long for Derek to see that. You are so much bigger than his shadow, you're a kick ass neuro surgeon who happens to have a brother who I guess is a good surgeon." She said, the last part jokingly causing Amelia to shove Abby with her shoulder giggling. "There it is." Abby stared at Amelia's smile lovingly, enjoying the view of the gorgeous woman in front of her.

"Shut up." She breathed. "But seriously thank you." She rested her head against the taller woman's shoulder. Abby leaned down and kissed her forehead, sighing in contempt at how right this moment felt.

"Remember that dinner I owe you?" Amelia just hummed in acknowledgment. "Wanna just get take out and watch a movie, cuddled up on the couch?"

Amelia scoffed. "Umm yes. Was that not the plan anyway."

"Yep definitely." Abby nodded before reaching her hand out. "Lets get out of here."

------

"So pizza is ordered, what movie you picking?" Abby asked as she threw herself on the couch next to Amelia.

"Ummmm I was thinking... When Harry met Sally." She trailed off. Abby's face lit up at the mention of the movie.

"Uhhh. Yes, classic." She leaned back and opened her arms, making little grabby hand motions. "Cuddle with me?" She acted like a child, giving her puppy dog eyes. Amelia just giggled at her childish antics before laying on top of her, resting her head on her chest.

Not long after the pizza arrived and they were easily half way through the movie when Meredith and Derek started arguing in the bedroom. They couldn't make out any words but the basic noise of bellowing could be heard over the TV. So Abby paused the movie before moving to stand up. "Where are you going." Amelia whined at the fact that she had to move from her comfy position.

"Just come with me." Abby dragged her out of the door onto the deck, earning a groan as it was cold. Abby moved to sit on the top of the steps before looking to Amelia and patting the space between her legs. Amelia rolled her eyes lovingly before sitting down, her head resting on Abby's chest, Abby's head on top of her own. "Its gorgeous, isn't it?" Abby muttered into Amelia's hair, referencing to the view.

"Mmhm." There was a pause till Amelia complained. "Its cold."

"Is it?" Abby whispered as she moved her head to the crook of Amelia's neck, placing kisses behind her ear. Amelia felt her smirk into her neck as she shuddered at the contact. She moved her head to the side to allow her more access. Abby's kissed slowly grew more hungry and passionate, gently sucking on the skin. Amelia let out low and gentle moans as goosebumps appeared across her skin. She pulled away turning her head to pull Abby into a deep, lust filled kiss.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She muttered into the kiss.

"Well, not here." Abby laughed lightly before standing up, reaching her hand out, which Amelia happily accepted. The two made their way into Abby's bedroom, spending the night together.

Not sure how i feel about this one ngl. Let me know if you liked it pls :)