𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Abigail was stood behind the nurses station in the lobby intently staring down at the chart in her hand. As she was focused she didn't realize the two women appear in front of the desk. It wasn't until a large group of people also walked up to the station that she looked up, to be met with a pair of conjoined twins stood in front of her. Then her eyes were drawn to the crowd lead by the two Shepherds walking down the corridor. 

Abigail's face lit up at the sight of Amelia. There was just something about the woman that made her want to beam, that made her want to smile until her cheeks hurt. When Amelia directed her gaze to the woman sat behind the desk, her cheeks lit up as she realized she was watching her. Abby couldn't help but smirk at the effect she had on the woman. 

Abigail forced her eyes off of Amelia and back to the chart when Derek started talking to the twins. "You must be Annie and Liz."

"Nothing gets past you, huh?" Both Abigail and Amelia let out light snorts at the comment that was so obviously laced with sarcasm. 

"Be nice." The other twin warned. 

"I am. Its just unlikely he's gonna confuse us with another patient." Abby watched as the Shepherd sister attempted to hide her grin. 

"Dr. Kenzie?" Derek asked, clearly trying to skip over the comments that were just made. 

"Yes the girls' pediatrician." Dr. Kenzie replied.

"But for the record, we're 25, and he's no longer our doctor. He's more like our-"

"Groupie." The other twin butted in.

"I was gonna say family. Our mom died a few years ago, and since then he's really been..."

"There for us."

"Well it's really nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Shepherd."

"And so am I." Amelia cut in, almost too eagerly, Abby just chuckled earning her a slight glare from the woman. She continued. "His sister. Good-looking doctors run in the family."

"That they do" Abigail muttered, although not as quietly as she had thought as almost everyone turned to look at her. However, her eyes didn't move from Amelia's and her smirk never faltered. 

"Bold." Stephanie Edwards commented from behind Amelia, clearly admiring Abigail's confidence. She just shot a wink back at the row of residents behind the two attendings before swiftly moving back to her chart, as if nothing had happened. 

Derek started talking again in attempt to shift the conversation back on track. "And these are some of the roughly 40 people who will be working on you. I'm not gonna ask you to learn their names." He said cracking his charming smile. 

"Maybe you should. We could talk a test, before and after surgery. See if you cut through our memory centers." 

"Will you stop saying things like that?" 

"I'm just keeping it real." 

"Oh, you're impossible." Abby just giggled lightly as the twins bickered, being somewhat reminded of her and Meredith growing up. 

As the group dispersed and Derek took the twins up to get prepped Amelia hung back to talk to Abby. "Hey." She shifted kind of awkwardly as if she was nervous. 

"Hey you." Abby looked up with a smile that immediately made Amelia want to just melt. Amelia opened her mouth to say something but no sound came out, all at the fault of the green eyes staring into her own. "You good?" 

Amelia nodded trying to compose herself. "Yeah. Just um... what was that?" 

"What was what?"