𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Abby laid there, staring at the ceiling, watching the fan slowly spin. The gentle motion of the turning and the low hum that it emitted were both strangely calming. That and the gentle pressure of Amelia laying on her chest, mumbling lowly in her sleep. She turned towards the window to see the silhouette of the Seattle skyline lit up by little orange and red lights in the distance. The hustle of the city not stopping even in the midnight hours. 

Once again Abigail could not sleep. There was no specific reason, per say, just more the fact that her mind and thoughts never shut off. Never stopped racing. It was usually about everything and nothing all at the same time. If that even makes sense. Well, it sure as hell didn't to Abby. But it didn't have to make sense to be reality. It just was.

She wasn't sure how long she'd been staring out of the window, nothing but Amelia's gentle, and not so gentle, snores and the constant whirring of the fan filling her ears, when Amelia slowly started to stir, her eyes carefully fluttering open. "Abby? Why are you still up?" Amelia asked, sleep still evident in her voice. She couldn't help but feel slightly bad, slightly bad that she had been so peacefully asleep while her lover had been laid here, struggling for the same luxury. 

Abby simply just shrugged in response, not quite knowing how to answer that question. Not knowing if there was an answer to that question, she just kept silent. However, this silence made the brunette laid on her chest worried. Abby groaned slightly as Amelia moved to sit up, pulling the blanket up with her to cover her bare chest, muttering something about how she was comfy. A small smile made its way onto Amelia's lips, before the worry from before seeped its way back in.

"Hey come on, talk to me." Amelia pleaded, nudging Abby's thigh with her knee. "What's going on in the pretty little head of yours?" The two just laid there looking at each other, neither saying a word, Abby not sure what to say and Amelia not wanting to sound to pushy. 

Finally Abby gave in and tried to explain why she was unable so sleep. "Just thinking." She just sighed and ran her hands down her face tiredly. "Its like my mind won't shut up, won't slow down. I don't even know what specific things I'm thinking about, its like my entire life playing though my mind in fast forward." Silence was all that followed. Silence that Abby took as 'she thinks I'm crazy' silence. "I know, it sounds a bit crazy bu-"

"It's not crazy. You're not crazy. It makes perfect sense." At that Abby let out a breath of relief, one she didn't actually know she was holding."Let me try something?" Abby nodded slightly as Amelia moved to lay balk down, but instead of resting back on top of Abby she moved to lay next to her. She opened her arms, silently telling the blonde to come her. A small smile crept onto Abby's face as she relaxed into Amelia's chest, it was nice to be held for once, instead of being the one to hold.  

Although she was relaxed, she wasn't sure how this would help her calm her racing mind. That was until Amelia slowly started running her finger down the side of Abby's face. Her touch was so gentle as she started at Abby's temple, slowly dragging her fingers down to the girls jaw before starting again at the top. 

Slowly Abby's thought began to disappear, Amelia's fingers being the only thing she focused on. Amelia laid there and watched the woman on top her slowly melt into her touch. She saw every muscle in her body relax, felt her breathing become more shallow and gentle, and finally saw her eyes begin to droop, heavy from exhaustion. She watched as the warmth and comfort and sleep took over her girlfriend. Her girlfriend. That being the last thought on Amelia's mind before she drifted off as well. 

A/N : Sorry this one is so short, basically just a filler chapter. School has been kicking my ass recently so sorry for the lack of updates. I was wondering if people were actually enjoying this book because I'm kinda on the fence about continuing it so please let me know if you are. 

Also thank you so much for almost 9k reads <3