Chapter 8

Leonardo's POV

I've been u since 6 this morning.. I couldn't stop talking about mi amore. They way the dress she wore last night fit her, or the way her bright eyes stared back at me. Or her angelic laugh, and the way she kissed my cheek, like it was such a normal thing. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss and i stood outside for what felt like hours. My men had to come outside because they were worried the Russians kidnapped me or something. I was just standing outside daydreaming like a fucking teenage girl that just had her first kiss. It honestly might as well have been, she only kissed me on my cheek, yet i felt like fireworks went off. Back to what i was saying. I woke up at 6 today, most of the time i either barely sleep and when i do i wake up at 7. I slept for 2 hours last night yet i feel like i slept for days. I went to my gym, worked out and felt like dancing. I actually sound like a fucking kid. Get your shit together. Well... today i felt like visiting mi amore. We constantly meet under weird circumstances and today i just wanted to go to her apartment and hopefully she would do me the honor of accompanying me to breakfast. Damn, i really hope she says yes. I'm getting dressed at the moment and i'm about to head out. I spray my cologne and walk down the stairs to my kitchen. I grab the roses that i asked one of my men to get for mi amore, of course. I then walk to my garage and get in my car. Her apartment is around 15 or 20 minutes away from my main house. My main house meaning the one i spend the most time in. I have my penthouse that's in the city, my house upstate, then the gang house where some of my men and staff sleep and work. And a couple more around the state and then the country.

10 minutes later

Right now i'm in the elevator pressing the button that leads to her floor, the 15th. I'm nervously tapping my foot while holding the dozen roses in my hands. I hope she likes them. I hope she doesn't get mad at me. I hope she will go out with me to bre-. what the fuck am i saying i'm an Italian Mafia Boss and i'm standing here like some nerd asking a girl on a date.

Well because you are

Shut up brain.

I mean i guess i am a nerd. whatever. Mid thought i hear the elevator ding meaning the i reached the floor. I step outside and head to her door. I take a deep breathe and knock on her door. I tap my foot a couple more times before i hear someone approach the door.

"Alessio i told you i'm fi-" mi amore says right before she opens the door and then sees me. I quickly scan her body and shes in black sweatpants and an over-sized tee-shirt. Both not fitting her body yet she still happens to look gorgeous as ever. My eyes reach her face, her hair is in a messy bun, her eyes are puffy and she looks as if she's been crying. My eyes soften as i took at her. Who made her cry?

"Oh, hi Leo" she sniffles " What are you doing here?" she says as she sees the roses in my hand and smiles at them.

"I came to see you mi amore, but it seems its a bad time." i say softly

"Oh no, that's alright. I just wasn't expecting anyone. If i knew you were going i would have tried to fix myself up or something. You just caught me off guard. Do you want to come in?" she says looking down at her appearance sadly, as i walk in and place the roses on her counter.

"Thank you. Mi amore, you look as beautiful as always. May i ask whats troubling you? You look like you have been crying? Who made you cry? I'll kill them-" she chuckles

"Trust me i would love to kill them too, sadly i've been unsuccessful." she says as she sighs and goes to sit down on her couch.

"So what is it?" i ask as i take off my shoes and look at her

"Come sit down Leonardo, don't just stand there."

"Oh yeah." i say as i nervously chuckle

"Its my mothers 7 year anniversary. She died 7 years ago today" She says as the tears threaten to fall down her face