CHAPTER 35

3 – 4

In the territory of Mohnton, there were five major cities, including the capital.

The capital was located in the southern reaches of the Duchy. In the east, there was Falsch. Blume lay in the west. To the north, Grenze. And finally, almost dead in the centre of the territory, there was the town of Einst. Of course, there were smaller towns, hamlets and villages spread out between these major towns.

Each of the noble founding families had varying degrees of influence in these major towns.

Of course, the Montchat family held the most sway in the capital.

Falsch, a prosperous mountain town that thrives on magical research and technology development, was the power base of the Ende family.

Blume was under the protection of the House of Lörrich. Known in the territory for its relatively agreeable climate, its main exports sprang from the very profitable perfume business ran there.

In the past, Grenze was under the control of the Brandt family, but that's no longer the case. Due to its manastone mining and new trading opportunities, it had grown into one of the biggest towns in Mohnton over the past ten years.

Before Grenze's rise, Einst was the largest town behind the capital. Equally famous for manastone mining, this town under the control of the Meyerheim family still continues the mining operations.

Did Alois study so hard that he could just imagine a completed map of this land in his mind?

For Camilla, meanwhile, she felt like she had studied more over the past month than she had in a lifetime.

Was it Gerda that had called Alois diligent before? It's aggravating to agree with her, but she can't help but concede that point. If anything, Alois is too diligent. It was as if he was hopelessly in love with studying.

If only he devoted some of that passion to improving his appearance a little more instead.

But the dispirited Camilla could only think about that begrudging remark, as she suffered through another study session with Alois.

A chilly wind whistled through the open window.

In the Montchat residence where winter had well and truly arrived, taking a morning or afternoon meal out in the courtyard was something more akin to a punishment. So, the two took them in Alois' private room instead, whilst they had their study session.

From the very founding of the Mohnton territory all the way until the present day. Alois' lectures seemed to go on forever. Judging by the history lessons, it doesn't seem there had been too much advancement in Mohnton until recent years. Alois tried to get Camilla engaged and interested by sometimes striking up conversations about the topics he was talking about with her, but she was struggling to wrap her head around the huge amount of information he was presenting.

How on earth have you memorized all this? As Camilla spat that out in complaint, Alois laughed with a troubled-looking smile.

"My parents always wanted me to become a proper lord."

So to that end, he set out to learn everything there was to know about the territory of Mohnton.

Alois' parents had long since passed away. So in a sense, he was following something like their last wishes, though he was a little embarrassed to admit it.

What's more, during their study sessions, Alois was so passionate about teaching Camilla that he usually forgot to eat anything. In a roundabout way, all of this fit perfectly into Camilla's plans to reduce Alois' diet and make him into a more handsome man.