CHAPTER 135

Open Letters on Viscount Neumann's Desk

Dear Viscount Philip Neumann,

The weather has been pleasantly cool of late, how has Lord Neumann been spending his days?

We're deeply sorry that this reply comes so belatedly, but things have been dreadfully busy here and I couldn't find the time to write you this letter.

Now then, since you must be a busy man as well, I shall cut straight to the heart of the matter with this letter.

It is in regards to my engagement to your daughter, Miss Therese.

Although we settled the engagement between our two houses last year, considering the current situation regarding my family, as well as the circumstances surrounding Therese presently, I feel that it would be in the best interests of both our houses to annul the matter.

As much as I too wish to support Miss Therese at this time, one must consider that marriage is not simply between the two of us, but affects the entirety of two families. As it stands, not only my parents, but my entire family was against me continuing with this engagement, and there wasn't anything I could do to go against them.

I truly am deeply sorry for the selfish contents of this letter, but I hope that you too can understand my position in all this.

I am sure that one day Miss Therese will find a partner who is much better than I am.

Yours Sincerely,

Damien Gunther.

P.S.

My family has already informed Count and Countess Storm, who are still the legal parents of Miss Therese, of this matter.

It was supposed to have been settled with only a letter to them, but I felt that was much too harsh and endeavoured to write to you myself.

I hope that you'll keep this in mind and come to a prudent decision.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Dear Lord Philip Neumann,

Thank you very much for your continued support.

This is Randolph Ardern, from the Ardern Merchant Company.

I am writing today to formally inform you that a decision has been made to discontinue the provision and distribution of products received from the Neumann household considering the current circumstances.

In addition, the Bartolet sheet music composition submitted by Lord Neumann has been rejected in consideration of the aforementioned circumstances.

All products entrusted to us by the Neumann estate will be returned posthaste. Please be aware that, in accordance with our contract, you are obliged to pay half the value of the returned item as recompense.

Further details in regards to invoice and the returns process are attached with this letter.

Thank you for choosing Ardern Merchant Company.

Yours Sincerely,

Randolph Ardern

Head of Musical Instrument and Score Distribution for Ardern Merchant Company.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Dear Lord Philip Neumann,

It's me, Richard Bartolet.

I'm deeply sorry that I am late in replying to the letter you sent me the other day.