CHAPTER 78

4 (3) – 5

Just what do you need in order to hold a festival?

Flowers, music and food. Not to mention lots of stalls and stands.

"I guess I'm gonna have to rely on a bunch of people, huh?"

Klaus groaned to himself as he walked through Blume's streets.

It was a clear winter's morning. Just as they had been doing every day recently, Camilla was taking a tour of the main square in town alongside Alois, Klaus and Nicole.

The reason they were doing so was to make plans for the main area the festival would take place in.

The largest town square in Blume was asymmetrically designed, laid out in a strange shape with its east and west borders demarcated by flowerbeds. Because the majority of Blume wasn't built on flat land, there was a series of steps that led down into square that came together at the base as a landing.

Along the outside of the steps, water flowed. Flowing slowly down the layered steps, the water eventually pooled into a fountain at the base where the bottom of the stairs all interceded. Even though the waterways were covered with snow now and the fountain was frozen over, Camilla was still stunned by just how beautiful the square was.

In the land of Mohnton, where entertainment was taboo and modesty was considered the highest virtue, people tend to avoid ostentatious architecture or clothing. That was clearly seen in Einst. Even in Blume, all the buildings and walls were uniformly painted white. There weren't many eye-catching attractions such as this fountain.

However, in its own way, Blume was a beautiful town. Even though the buildings seemed uniform and without glitz or glamour, they all possessed a simple kind of elegance to them.

"Would it be possible to open stalls at the base of the square? It's connected straight onto the main street and it would be simple to arrange the stalls neatly as well."

As Camilla looked around the square with glittering eyes, Klaus calmly assessed the plaza. 'Where would we put the band?' 'Just what pattern should the stalls be arrayed in?', along with Alois, those were the kinds of serious topics they were discussing.

"After sorting out the food for the festival, there's a lot of work that'll need doing. We need a lot of manpower... Manpower, huh...?"

"We also need people to serve as security. Klaus, are the people from your house not useable?"

"Have you seen the people there who are aligned with me? None of them are exactly muscle heads. Well, maybe I could try talking to aunty about it."

"Hmm..."

Alois crossed his arms as he thought. Although Klaus has become a powerful candidate in the emerging succession crisis, there were still quite a few people throwing their weight behind Franz and Lucas.

Especially those who count themselves amongst the vigilante militia. Since Lucas placed such an emphasis on military affairs, it only made sense that those supporting arms flocked to his banner. But as Klaus himself admitted, he wasn't truly compatible with military affairs. Perhaps having such people on his side wouldn't be such a huge advantage.

As Alois was lost in thought, Klaus shook his head.

"Ahh, stop overthinking things all the time! It's annoying!"

Klaus turned his head away from Alois, intentionally saying that quite loudly. Then abandoning what it was they were talking about in the first place, he waved to Camilla and Nicole who were wandering about the square.