Two...No Four Heads

Ash

I wake up back in the cell and confused as hell. Hey, that rhymes. Get it together Ash, you are kidnapped, it's no time for jokes. I shake the thought from my head and think back to my dream. What was that orange glow?

I make a move to sit up from my position on the ground but I instantly regret moving. My head feels like it weighs a ton and I have a massive headache. I have a hard time drawing in a normal breath due to the pain in my ribs. They are probably broken.

I hear the door of the cell open but I can't move to see who it is. I just hope that they aren't here to hurt me again.

"What the fuck? You should be healed by now," I hear Malakai growl. "Damn it, I was wrong."

Wrong? Does he mean that he got the wrong person because if so then I totally agree. Maybe he will let me out now.

"Damien!" Kai shouts causing me to whimper in pain due to my headache. A hear the faint footsteps of another person approach the cell.

"What is it Kai?" The new man speaks.

"We have the wrong person. I need you to go drop her off somewhere," Kai orders.

"Okay, anywhere in mind?"

"No man's land," Kai replies with an evil tone.

One person comes towards me while the other leaves. I am picked up and throw over a shoulder causing me to scream in pain before my ribs keep me from making any noises since I can barely breathe.

"Shut up," a man groans as he begins to walk with me over his shoulder. Tears are steaming freely down my cheeks but I can't make any noises higher than a whisper.

After we are walking through the forest for a while, probably about ten minutes, I am moved off the man's shoulder. He just lets my body fall to the ground and I almost pass out once again. I struggle to stay awake and possibly get out of here.

"Have fun rotting out here. I hope the wilds tear you apart slowly."

The wilds? What does that mean? Oh no, I am not going to make it out of this, am I? The man shifts into a blonde wolf and runs back in the direction we came from. It looks like there won't be daylight for much longer. I have to do something if I am going to survive.

I force myself to roll over to my stomach and lift myself up to my knees while I silently scream in agony. I take a moment to take a few shallow breaths before slowly standing to my feet. I immediately feel dizzy and see black spots throughout my field of vision. I stumble into a nearby tree. It keeps me standing but my head is pounding.

As I walk, if you can even call it walking, I continue swaying from tree to tree. I go in the opposite direction as the man left in. The sun is setting and I here a howl in the distance. It is coming from my right. I try moving faster but with no prevail. I stumble and hit my head off a tree root causing me to fall unconscious.

"Hey, hey are you alive?" I hear someone whisper. I groan in response.

"Help! I need some help over here!" I hear someone yell which I want to smack them for because the throbbing turns back into pounding in my head. "It's going to be alright, I am going to get you to a hospital."

All I can do is groan again. I can't seem to form any words. I hear footsteps approach and I fear it is those...werewolves again. I can hear that faint sound of sirens in the distance that give me some hope. I have come this far and I am not giving up anytime soon. I feel someone touch my shoulder lightly to which I flinch but I regret moving instantly.

"My name is Lina, I am a paramedic. We are going to get you to a hospital but we need to roll you over to a backboard, okay?"

I just blink slowly to try to show I understand and I prepare myself for the pain. I feel the medics lift my one shoulder and roll me over to a hard board. I groan in pain as they do so. Once they stop moving me, I try to take a deep breath but freeze up immediately when a searing pain radiates through my chest. I take many shallow breaths to try to sooth the pain. I feel the medics try to bandage up my wounds but I have trouble keeping my eyes open any longer.