You Knew All Along?

Ash

I know this looks bad, but we are both completely fine.

We weren't far from the Royal Pack when we were ambushed by ten Wilds. The only reason they got the jump on us was because we weren't paying enough attention to sense where they were before attacking. Our guards were let down, we figured no one would attack us this close to the Royal Pack. I was wrong. It's worse than it seems. We are just dirty from being tackled into the mud from the recent fog and then I got a few scratches, gashes, and bite marks which are all on their way to healing. Frost is already fully healed. Lucky bastard. Braden looks like he is on the verge of exploding if we don't say something soon.

"We're fine, Braden. Calm down," I tell him.

"Calm down?" he sounds bewildered, "How can I calm down? My mate is standing here, injured, and you want me to calm down?"

"Yes, I am okay. I am healing," I explain.

Braden looks like he might cry, but embraces me in a tight hug instead. He hits a few sensitive spots; however, I keep my mouth shut so he doesn't freak out again.

"I'm so glad you are alive," Braden whispers in my ear, he voice shaking.

"I told you I would be okay," I whisper back.

We separate from our embrace and I ask if there is a place I can have a shower and Frost agrees as well. We are both overdue for a nice shower to get this gunk off. Braden takes us to the wing of the castle we have been assigned to. I get a few stares in confusion from some pack members who heard some of what happened back at their pack house. Maybe someone saw it from the kitchen or a bedroom upstairs. I hope none of the kids saw it happen.

After my refreshing shower, I head downstairs to the backyard where we are having a pack meeting. I walk down with Frost who was waiting for me to head down. We walk out back, side by side, and walk straight over to Hayden. Hayden is at the front of the crowd, I see his pack paying close attention, wanting answers to why we uprooted under such short notice. I also recognize a few faces from the Royal Pack, including Ash and Amara. It still feels weird calling them that instead of King and Queen. My eyes catch Braden's and he gives me a reassuring smile. I realize Noctis is standing next to him, also watching me. When did she get here?

"Okay everyone, I have asked the King and Queen to allow me to call this meeting on behalf of when happened back at our territory. I know everyone has many questions and after I have a chance to speak, you may bring them to my attention and I will answer to the best of my ability."

Everyone seems to collectively nod in agreement and Hayden looks over to me so I can explain all of what happened and has happened. I take a deep breath, Frost pats me on the back and smiles, encouraging me to go on. I walk up beside Hayden and begin explaining. I tell them everything from the beginning. About Cas, Malakai, and my powers surfacing. I explain how there was an attack today and that it was on me. I describe how I held off the rogue group long enough for everyone to evacuate the pack lands and how Frost aided me in finishing off the Wilds. I pause, waiting for the inevitable question of how I fit into all of this in the first place. How I got these powers and why. Hands shoot up around the field and Hayden calls on a pack member.

"I thought you were just a human, how do you have powers?"

I take a deep breath, "I have powers because I am a Mura and the Saviour." Gasps erupt from the crowd and then whispers spread, talking amongst themselves about this information that has been given.

"Okay everyone," Hayden addresses and the whispers quiet down, "If there are any other questions, please come to me with them personally. That is all for todays meeting, thank you."