World Famous Lasagna

Braden

Ever since the night of Ash's birthday when I found out that she was my mate I have not been able to stay away from her. I don't think my wolf Mark would be like this if she was a supernatural. He wants to make sure she is safe and no harm comes to Ash. We are confused on why we can smell her scent. Humans have a faint scent but since she is my mate, it shouldn't matter. Mate or not, she should smell like something. I can't smell her at all. I have no idea how I am going to explain to her that I am her mate. She doesn't seem to notice the bond but that is normal for humans. It is harder and we have to form a relationship first for the bond to be shown to the human mate.

I don't like how close Ash and Jax are. I can feel myself easily get riled up when they are together. I know that they have been friends for like..ever and I don't have the right to be jealous since he is her friend. Just her friend. Better not be anything more. I take a deep breath to calm myself.

After breakfast, I follow Ash out back where she meets up with Jax. I watch her run and jump on his back as he carries her into the woods. I feel a low, threatening growl rip through my chest at the sight. Neither of them seem to notice as they continue heading into the woods.

I follow at a safe distance behind they as to not be seen. After a minute or so, Ash asks if Jax wants to race and he agrees. They get ready and I stop walking, hiding behind a tree. Their footfalls begin again as they take off to only they know where. I try to follow but find it difficult to keep up. How does a human keep up with an abnormally fast werewolf? That shouldn't be possible. More and more questions with no answers to be found. I need to go see Mom soon to ask her some questions.

Coming out of my thoughts, I realize that I have lost track of Jax and Ash. I follow Jax's scent outside of the territory. I follow cautiously only to find it disappears abruptly in no man's land. I start to panic and so does my wolf.

No, no, no. Where is she? What if she was taken my rogues? What if they kill her? Mark starts worrying.

I don't know. I-I...we need to go get the pack to help look for her, I decide and sprint back towards the pack house as fast as I can. I need to save my mate.

I see the pack gathering out back for training, perfect. This way they are ready to fight. I walk up to Alpha Hayden and Sam.

"Hey Braden, what's wro..." Alpha Hayden begins but I cut him off which I realize is extremely rude but considering the situation I think he will understand.

"Ash is missing. I mean Ash and Jax. They crossed the pack boarder and then I couldn't smell them anymore. We need to send out a search party for them. I think the rogues got them."

Alpha Hayden looks at me with an unimpressed look instead of the expected panicked look.

"Are you done?" He asks and Sam gives his father a confused look.

"What? Come on, Alpha Hayden. We have to go now if we have any hopes of finding her!" I shout with frustration of him not taking this as seriously as I am.

"Calm down Braden. There is no need to be upset. Both Ash and Jax can take care of themselves. They are the best trained people around. Have faith in them," Alpha Hayden tries to sooth. This just makes me more angry.

"What do you mean! They are gone! Poof! No scent trail! We need to go out and search for them, now!" I burst out.

Alpha Hayden opens his mouth to say something but is cut off my her voice. A wave of relief spreads through me.

***

Ash

Jax is currently driving towards Qalton in a Jeep we borrowed from Hayden and we are getting close to John's house. When I see the sign saying 'Welcome to Qalton' I start breathing faster. What if John yells at me, what if he tells me to leave and never come back, what if...