Eating For Two

Ash

It's time for Frost and myself to spar. Braden and Ash fought brutally but in the end Ash won. Ash has more experience from his past and he is the King of Werewolves so he needs to be the best.

Noctis won against Amara and it wasn't too long of fight. Noctis has a lot of experience, more than anyone I know, and she is a True Alpha. Amara doesn't seem like the fighting type and she has probably taken the training needed for her position. 

I can feel many eyes on Frost and I as we step into the middle of the field. He has been practicing his powers and now let's put them to the test.

"Begin!" Noctis announces and Frost strikes first.

Frost immediately grabs a boulder from nearby and hurled it towards me. I send a wave of energy with my telekinesis to push the boulder back towards Frost who destroys it to pieces. I send a fireball at Frost and he uses the dirt in the ground to cover it and extinguish the flames. It did knock him back a few paces. I throw another fireball at Frost and charge at him to prepare for my next attack; however, he sees this coming. He dodged the fireball instead of extinguishing it like I was planning and he starts his staircase that is climbing up into the sky. I run up behind him, a few steps away. I didn't realize how high we got until Frost turns around and crumbles the steps around me, causing me to fall. I catch a glimpse of Frost's concerned face as I start falling. My instincts take over and I feel my wings sprout from my back and rip through my top. They spread wide and a strong, propelling flap comes from them, shooting me upwards. A wide grin covers my face, I am finally flying and it just feels amazing!

I turn back towards my opponent who is looking at me with wonder in his eyes. I throw a string of flames at him. He stumbles with his vampire speed to avoid the blast that he wasn't ready for. I swoop down low and grab Frost's collar, bringing him up high into the sky.

"Heya Frost," I smile sweetly.

His eyes are firmly shut, "Let me down, Ash," he wines.

"Oka..." I don't even get out the full work before he screams at me to not literally let him down right that moment. "Geez, you really are afraid of heights."

"Pfft, no I'm not," he digs his fingernails into my hand that is holding him.

"Really? Cause your fingernails digging into my hand are saying otherwise. I would be careful because I may drop you out of pain."

When I say he moved his hand so fast, I mean it was just a blur of white that threw us off balance and caused me to lurch forward. Frost's high pitch scream fills the air and I laugh, hard, regaining my balance.

"Do you surrender?" I lower my voice and add a menacing tone to it.

"Yes, yes. Now bring be back down! Slowly!" He screeches.

I chuckle and lower us to the ground, retracting my wings. Once his feet kiss the ground, he stumbles backward and falls on his ass. He then turns over to his stomach and kisses the floor. Full on lips on the ground, maybe more.

"Frost, get a room. I know you are connected to the earth by your powers but do you see me going around trying to make-out with lit candles?"

Frost laughs slightly and rolls to his back, "I have always had this fear of heights."

"I can see that. Are you okay?"

He nods, "Yes of course. I mean, I am immortal. It such a stupid, irrational fear but it formed when I was a boy," he looks away sadness in his eyes.

I'm not sure what to do, but I feel like he needs to be consoled and have someone to talk to. I am about to go ask if he wants to go on a walk and talk it out when a man I recognize as Zane walks out and over to Frost.