Secret, Magical, Antisocial Abode

Ash

I am walking through the woods to find Jax. Today is my 19th birthday and I had to leave the pack house before anyone else was awake. I was very happy to see the outfit Jax picked out for me to wear today and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

I make it to the huge rock that Jax and I found on one of our runs through the territory

I make it to the huge rock that Jax and I found on one of our runs through the territory. The rock is just outside of pack lines so we shouldn't have to worry about anyone interrupting us unless it is rogues. I see Jax on top of the huge boulder and I walk up to sit next to him. He continues looking over the cliff at the beautiful scenery ahead of him.

"Happy Birthday," he smiles.

"Thanks," I reply. "The outfit is great by the way, thank you."

"I'm glad you like it," he grins and then sighs, "It's so peaceful out here. I wish it could be like this all the time."

I nod my head in agreement, it is definitely easy to forget all our troubles out here.

"So, what the game plan for today?"

Jax chuckles, "Your talking about your birthday like you are about to head into battle."

"Yeah, I guess I am," I let out a short laugh.

"Well today, we are going to go see something really cool, then we have an invite to a small party. At the end of the day we are going to go back to the pack house for a get together to celebrate you being 20 and maybe find you Lamara," Jax wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I roll my eyes and smile. Sounds like a fun day, a really good day. A...too good to be true day... I glare suspiciously at Jax. Jax's eyes go wide and he holds his hands up in surrender.

"What? What did I do? Does that not sound like a fun birthday to you?" Jax says in a disappointed tone.

"No, no. It sounds amazing, a little too awesome. There has to be a catch. What are you not telling me?" I question.

"Hey! I am not holding anything back. Just trust me, you will have a blast. Now let's go, we don't want to me late to the first surprise."

I huff and follow him as he grabs ahold of my hand and drags me off the rock and through the forest. After a few minutes of running, I see that we have arrived nowhere in particular. All I can see is more woods for as far as the eye can see.

"What are we doing here?" I wonder aloud.

"Well...I thought you would like a place of your own to go to and be...you."

I give his a questioning look as if asking what the hell he means by that. He then gives me a push and I tumble forward. It feels weird. Almost as if I entered a pack territory line. I turn back around to face Jax and see that he seems to be looking everywhere but at me.

I go to ask him what's going on but he beats me to it, "I can't see or hear you right now. This is a protected part of the forest I got an old witch friend of mine to make this spot for you. Only you can let people in here otherwise they will only see forest for miles. If you would like to do me the honours of letting me in all you have to do is say my full name and give me permission to enter."