I Just Wanted This To Be Perfect

Ash

Braden won't talk to anyone and hasn't for the past hour and a half.

Braden is currently outside pacing the length of the field while the rest of us are sitting on the porch, watching. I hope he is alright. He stops mid-stride and seems to take a deep breath. He turns towards us for the first time in the last two hours and walks over.

"Okay, okay, okay. So my father was a rogue?" Noctis nods. "And he was hurting you?" Another nod. "And he's dead now?"

"Yes, he is."

"Okay, okay," another deep breath, "Okay, I can live with that. I just can't believe you never told me."

"I'm sorry hun, I was worried you would be upset knowing your father wasn't a good man. I didn't want to hurt you," Noctis admits.

"I know, I know that. I just....I always hoped, deep down, that my father would find us, find me, and we would become a family. The hope faded over the years but never complete vanished."

The rest of us went inside shortly after to leave Braden and his mother alone. I head to the living room with Frost to wait. We sit in silence, unsure of what to say in the moment. What is there to say? When your mate just got life altering news, what is there to say? I'm sorry that your life just got turned upside down, but please just don't shut me out? That sounds stupid. Absolutely ridiculous. I need to get myself together before he...

"Ash? Can we talk?" Well so much for getting myself together.

"Yes, of course," I reply.

Braden leads me out the front door, sending a nod to Frost to which he returns. Braden leads me to the forest and we go on a peaceful walk. Silence fills the space while we walk.

"I am sorry you had to find out about all this with everyone around. That must not have been very comfortable for you," I apologize.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, if I was uncomfortable with you all around, I would have left and continued the conversation another time or I would have asked you all to leave the room. Please don't apologize," Braden pleads.

"Okay, I won't," I pause. "How are you holding up?" Such a stupid question given the circumstances.

He sighs, "I'm doing okay, it is nice to have the truth after all these years. Even if it isn't what I thought it would be. Thank you for going on this walk with me. I need to clear out my head and I didn't really want to be alone."

"It's my pleasure Braden, I would always love to spend time with you. I'm glad you are handling this well and if you need someone to talk to–"

"I will come to you, Ash. You don't have to worry about me, alright? I–I love you and that will never change," Braden promises and I am shocked. He loves me? Do I love him? I mean, that isn't even a question, of course I love him, but that's just insane isn't it? We haven't know each other long at all and I am willing to admit I love him? He just did.

"I love you too, Braden," I smile and he grins widely back. That smile on his face tells me that I was right to reveal my true feelings to him.

I hear the rush of water nearby and I grow curious about where we are going. I didn't think Braden would know much about this territory; however, his mom is really close with Amara. They used to be one. Wait, does that mean that Amara is also Braden's mom?

SaviourOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara