I Love My Food, But Man

Ash

It has been a few days since my birthday and Braden has been acting very weird. He seems to follow me around a lot which makes it hard for me to get some time to myself. I have decided to return to my secluded spot in the forest to work on my powers today. I get ready and head downstairs where the smell of breakfast wafts up my nose. I hum in delight as I walk into the dining room. The table is filled with food and the whole pack is already eating. I take my spot beside Jax at the opposite end of the table from Aloha Hayden.

"Hey, what's up?" Jax asks, his mouth full of food.

I cringe, "Not much. I'm headed for a walk through the woods today, do you want to come with?"

Jax nods and I smile at him. He smiles back, food evident in his teeth. I gag and look away from the disgusting sight. I hear Jax laugh beside me. I begin eating my food and I am done by the time the werewolves are done their third plate. Gross. I don't know how they eat so much. I love my food but man, they take it to another level.

I clean off my plate and put it away before walking out the back door to where Jax is waiting for me. I run and jump on his back as he gives me a piggy back ride into the tree line. I can here the low grumble of a growl come from behind me. I don't have to look in order to know that it was Braden. What is going on with that guy? He seems so...possessive? Wait. No, that's not possible. I would know, wouldn't I? I can sense us being followed by Braden, what's new?

"Wanna race?" I smirk at Jax as he looks at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Is that even a question?" He replies.

I chuckle and hop off his back. Braden's footsteps falls quiet as he stops walking.

"Last one there gets a punishment of the others' choosing," I sing.

Jax nods and goes serious. I take my ready stance.

"Ready," Jax says as he bounces on the balls of his feet.

"Set," I smirk knowing I will win.

"Go!!" We both yell at the same time and take off.

I know this will get us far enough ahead of Braden to get into my safe spot without him spotting us. I sprint and keep pace with Jax. He tries to go faster but I maintain my speed with his. I see the slight glimmer where the finish line is. I push my legs faster, passing Jax easily and I run across my boarder. Jax runs in a bit after me. He collapses to the ground, out of breath. I laugh, hard.

"Hey!" He breathes heavily between words, "It's not nice...to laugh at...people."

"You started it!" I argue.

"When? I remember clearly you laughing at me many times over the last year and a half."

I clear my throat and turn in my acting skills, "You-you just ran into a tree! How-how did you not see it?"

Jax rolls his eyes, a smile playing at his lips, "That was pretty funny, you have to admit."

"My nose didn't think it was funny. That really hurt."

"What even happened that day for you to walk into a tree?"

I sigh, "I just taught myself how to cover my scent and I got really excited. Before I knew it, I ran into the tree and stumbled upon you." I smile at the end and so does Jax.

"Best thing that could have ever happened to me."

"Do you know how I would know who my Lamara is?" I ask Jax the question that has been bothering me the whole way here.