Chapter 6 (Lost Than Found)

-Raph's View-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The fifteen year old red head turns around and lets out a low growl as he surveys the nurse escort Mikey out of the waiting room.
His instincts are tempting him to follow them and protect Mikey.
Somewhere deep inside he feels like he has always known him.

'Why do I feel the need to protect him?, didn't I just meet him?'

He watches the tall brunette taking steps away from the see through glass doors, heading towards the closest empty seat to the two half panel doors Mikey went through.
Raph is reluctant to walk over in his direction but does it anyway.
He finds a chair next to him on his left side and sits in it.

Uneasiness creeps into the pit of his stomach as Raph tries his best to hide it and no it wasn't the strong scent of cleaning chemicals combined with old people that made him feel sick.
It is the feeling of apprehension for what is going happen to the little blonde kid he suddenly cares so much about.

"Is he going to be alright?" His rough voice asks.

The other boy takes the pair of black glasses he has over his mahogany eyes and clears the moisture from the rectangular lenses with the bottom of his shirt.

"Mikey will be fine, his concussion is not as severe as the one he got last year, Thank goodness." He replies calmly.

"You mean this has happened before?"

"Why?"

"Yep, on many occasions. Most of them have occured while he was getting bullied unfortunately... I feel bad that I wasn't there to save him the trouble." The kid with glasses states.

He carefully puts them on.

"By the way thank you for your help back at school, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't stepped in to save me and Mikey from Zak." The slender teenaged boy adds, gratitude is in his voice as he darts his gaze to view his helper.

"It was no problem really, bullies like him need to be taught a lesson. I don't like  watchin' someone get their butt handed to them, I can't stand it."

The dark cherry haired boy knits his brow and claps his jaw shut as he breathes through his teeth.

"Where you ever bullied?- Oh I didn't catch your name what is it?" The other boy questions out of curiosity.

"It's Raphael but you can call me Raph and yes I have but that was a long time ago..."

Raph widens his emerald irises in surprise and pulls himself away at the movement of the scrawny looking young boy as he leans in closer to Raph's face.

"Raphie?" His word came out no louder than a whisper.

Raph hadn't heard anyone call him the nickname in over a decade and only let three people call him that in his past life.
Those persons where his brothers and it's been years since he saw them.
Honestly he thought he would never see them again until now.
This sudden realization comes to him and he recognizes the kid sitting next to him, though his voice sounds deeper and more mature.

'Don, but I thought I'd never see him again.'

"Don?, but how?" Raph utters.

He is taken aback by the boy's appearance and he raises his eyebrows in disbelief.

"You're much taller and look... Different." Raph stops himself as he spoke while his eyes scan up and down the brown haired boy's figure.

Donnie lets out a nervous chuckle.