Chapter 12 (The New Kid)

~Mikey's View~

    Mikey casually walks down the main hall of Roosevelt Private School with Leo beside him.

He is more than happy to show his new friend where his first class is.

"The door is right over-" Mikey says in a strenuous voice before he stops mid sentence and takes a glance at who is around the corner.

It was not one but a gang of four rough looking boys Mikey knows all too well.

They call themselves the Purple Dragons, they are notorious for causing trouble on and off the streets and their leader, Hun bullies Mikey every chance he gets.

Mikey gasps, his feet move like they have a mind of their own as he steps backwards.

He doesn't stop in his pace until he is up against the wall which separates him from them.

'Oh sewer apples, why did they pick this hallway to block?'

'Shoot, did they see me?'

Mikey slowly cocks his head and peaks behind the wall.

'Phew!, that was close.'

He can tell that they have their backs turned on him as he can only see the back of their heads.

"What are you doing?" Leo asks, his cobalt eyes fix on Mikey and watches the skimpy boy act skittish of a sudden while he hides in the shadows.

"I, uh have to go to the bathroom." Mikey responds in a sheepish tone, he steps into the light and makes a bee line back the way he came.

    Michaelangelo sprints across the slick floor at full speed.

He looks behind him, he is so far away he can't see Leo and slows in his pace.

Mikey feels bad for leaving him in the dust but he couldn't risk taking a hard blow from his adversaries not when he has recovered from a concussion just last week.

A frown appears on his freckled face as he casts a crestfallen gaze down the hall he ran down.

'I should go tell him the truth.'

He gets off the bathroom door he was leaning on and starts to walk away.

Then he witnesses an average teenage boy run up to another kid.

"There's a fight going on at the end of the hall you have to come and see it, things are getting intense!"

Mikey overhears him say before he and his pal dart along the hallway.

'A fight?, ooh I want to see who wins!'

Interest sparks in his baby blue hues while Mikey takes off in a hurry, rushing past them and around the corner.

     Mikey spins to his right and views a sea of students blocking the corridor.

He is able is point out Leo amongst them in the back jumping up and down before he disappears into crowd.

Mikey wastes no time and goes after him pushing through bodies to get to the front of the group.

"Hey Leo you here to watch the fight too?" He asks once he catches up to him and stands next to Leo.

"I guess but why are you here?, I thought you said you had to go to the bathroom." Leo questions as he looks at Mikey,  bewilderment is written in his expression.

"I did say that didn't I?, how about the fight let's see where it goes!" Mikey replies changing the subject as he turns his attention to the scene before him.