Chapter 1 (Hard Life)

-Leo's View-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A pair of deep ocean blue irises snap open.

Leonardo Oroku couldn't control his body as is trembles violently against a now ice cold and soaking wet thin sheet draping across his back.

"Get up, Master Oroku requests your presence in the training room." A gruff voice says.

Teeth chattering, Leo bites down on his lip to contain the sound and realizes right away who is speaking.

It's one of his step-father's bodyguards, Bradford is what he calls him.
Leo knows him as a loyal and ruthless guy who will do whatever it takes to please his master, especially if he gets the chance to beat his son senseless and enjoys every second of it.

'What a jerk' Leo thought.

He hears a door slam followed by the buckling of boots, they fade away with every step from just outside.
Leo groans as he throws off the wet sheet to the floor, it unsticks from his damp skin before he gets up out of bed.

A tired yawn leaves the boy's throat and he rubs his dazed eyes.
He turns his head to look at the time on his alarm clock.

It read 5:45am.

Leo lifts up one of his slim but muscular arms, he tries not to acknowledge a couple newly formed bruises about the size of baseballs on the skin of his forearm as he runs his fingers through the tangled strands of his black hair.

Then he lets out a deflated sigh.

"I hope this doesn't last longer than thirty minutes." Leo mutters, his voice strains after being forced to wake up.

Everyday for the past ten years he has to put up with Oroku Saki's early morning training sessions, if you can even call it that.
It's more like an opportunity for him to strike Leo down until he can no longer get up.
He doesn't have a choice though, Saki is his father now and his has to obey him.
Even if it means being thrown around like a rag doll.
Leo can't avoid the abuse even if he wants to.
For he knows it will always lead to him experiencing more pain and suffering.

Leo walks along a firm carpet flooring beneath his feet as a shiver crawls up his spine, he can feel trepidation build up inside of him making him shudder at the thought of receiving continuous blows from his master.

Somehow the weedy teen makes his way over to a wide mahogany door without letting the sudden dread of his realization overtake his body.

A cold hand grasps a metal handle as Leo slides the door open.
Then he reaches a little over to the left and flicks up a light switch.

In an instant a light illuminates the inside of a tall closet.

Leo blinks to adjust his eyes to the brightness as the light casts it's rays upon his sickening slim body.
His chest rises and falls at an unsteady pace.
With every breath you can see his ribcage while he looks as if he hasn't had a full meal in quite possibly his entire life.

Leo fixes his gaze on a paper thin tank top and some trousers which are both ink black.
They hang up on a hanger.

He's about to grab them before he closes his weary eyes and takes in a shaky breath.

"You'll live another day Leo, but how long can I keep this up?" He speaks quietly to himself.

Tears sting in his ultramarine eyes and threaten to spill down his deathly pale cheeks.

Leo is able to hold them back while he takes the set of clothes and begins to change into them.

After he is done Leo turns the light off and walks away.