Chapter 14 (The Purple Dragons)

~Leos' View~

   The following day at school Leo and Mikey walk together down the hallway.

A strong aroma of today's lunch wafts out through the entrance into the cafeteria

The hunger in the darker haired boys' stomach grows, he didn't realize how hungry he is until now.

He had no time to eat breakfast earlier due to the early training routine being longer than usual.

The pair approach two opened doors and slow in their pace.

"Oh boy I'm starving, can't wait to see what there is for lunch!" Mikey exclaims, is quick to grab a clean tray from a stack on the counter.

Leo picks up one after him.

The avid boy scrunches his nose, a round elderly woman wearing an apron plops a spoonful of Baked beans on his tray.

"Oh. Maybe it tastes better than it looks." He says being positive and smiles before putting a tiny milk carton beside his food.

Once it's Leos' turn he looks at the puddle of brown sludge, the broth saturates into a pile of cheesy noodles and does not look appetizing.

A corner of his mouth lifts up, it's not much but he is happy to be given something to eat.

    The two teenagers walk into the middle of the lunchroom and scan for a place to sit.

Leo turns to his left, he has the sense  somebody is behind him.

A shadow paints the floor in front of him before he feels a shooting pain come from his hurt calf.

The slim teen bites on his lip as he staggers forward while strong hands push him, causing him to loose his balance and fall to the ground.

Mikey kneels next to Leo who gets up accepting his friends' outstretched hand.

"Well well, look what the cat dragged in." A deep voice belonging to an older boy says, he stands with his feet spread apart which insinuates he is self-willed.

"Fresh meat." A different person sneers inches from Leos' ear.

He flinches upon hearing it and cocks his head to look behind him where his gaze lands on Mikey, he has a terrified expression on his face and clings onto Leos' shoulders.

Leo surveys his surroundings while a band of four male students circle them.

"Excuse me but I think you forgot to say sorry." He states through clenched teeth while his eyes lower to the remains of his meal scattered on the floor to his right as he rises to meet his perpetrators' stare.

"Looks boys Michaelangelos' bodyguard thinks he's tough." The slender but hefty boy mocks adjusting sunglasses on his face.

The rest of his members snicker in unison.

"Speaking of that little twerp where is he?"

"H-Hi Hun." Mikey replies, he is nervous and peaks his head out from Leos' back.

"I see you got your friends, are you having a party?"

"Yes and I know how much you LOVE parties don't you Michael?" Hun tilts his head to view the scared teenager as he  acknowledges him with a condescending sneer and puts a hand on his hip.

Leo clears his throat which catches his attention.

"Oh and he can come too, what's your name bodyguard?" The bully asks turning to Leo.

"I don't see how that's your business." Leo mutters under his breath crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear that can you say it again?" Hun says and moves a hand to his ear.