70

3rd Person Pov:

"There's a hidden tunnel here. It leads from the windmill to the forest. After that, there's a door. It wouldn't budge at all. It needs a key." explained Lucas, standing up. Emma quickly asked: "Do you think that-" but Lucas cut her off: "Yeah."

(Y/N) took the pen out of her pocket, saying: "The pen." Lucas nodded. "13 years later... I'd never thought the chance would come up like this. With you here, we can find out what's behind that door. Let's go. I will take you to Minerva's door. To Minerva's true goal." With that, he showed them the way.

Ray was panting quite a bit, asking: "One day nonstop... Did we finally shake them off?" The unnamed man just said: "Get serious. The Poachers don't give up that soon." Ray grit his teeth, saying: "I am serious! We have to get to them as soon as possible, or else..."

Mister had told him about what Goldy Pond really is. And that information had only fueled him to push himself even more. He knew he had to act quick, or else both, (Y/N) and Emma, could end up dying.

"Where are we anyway?" he asked, looking around to find a clue to that answer. "I'm going to Goldy Pond, even if I have to go alone." He just realized that (Y/N) still had the pen, and that he couldn't really tell where they were. Which meant that the only source of direction was that man.

He showed Ray a pen, one similar to the one they owned. "We're already there, duh." noted the man, the holographic numbers displayed in the air. "Goldy Pond is right in front of us."

Much to Ray's disliking, there was nothing to be seen. The man spoke up, his eyes on the entrance to that dark place. "I told ya, didn't I? It's a secret hunting park. From the outside, ya can't see a thing."

"But then... No way..." muttered Ray, realizing what that meant. "Yes, it's just like the shelter. The hunting park lies inside the earth." confirmed the man. "It's underground?" "You can get inside if they catch you, but that's not an option."

He lightly shook his head before continuing: "If we're up to save Stutter and Antenna, we can't let them know we're here. There are ways inside. The entrance used by the monsters... And if it's still there, the path I took when I escaped."

'If it wasn't for that damned girl, I wouldn't even be here... Damn her! I should've killed her before warming up to her!' thought the man, tightening his hands into fists. 'Can't help it now.' He then turned to face Ray, saying: "Heads up, boy. We're breaking into Goldy Pond."

(Y/N) Pov:

"Here it is." said Lucas. And there, right in front of us was the door that would, hopefully, answer a few of our many questions. We had stopped in front of the door, and I was the first to step forwards, having read the Morse code around the typical owl.

It read 'pen'. So I opened the pen, and a click was heard. I smiled a little, glancing back at the other two, to see them more shocked than happy. 

I opened the door, stepping inside, followed by Emma and Lucas. I quickly scanned everything that was there, which were a lot of buttons, switches, and other tech-related stuff. If only Ray were here, too. He's way better with machines and such than me.

I lightly shook my head. No. I can't always rely on him or Emma. I decided to look over the many things, being able to identify more than I thought I would. Temperature, ventilation, the time, power, plumbing, several monitors that displayed the houses, and so on.

But this is weird. If Demons are running this hunting ground, then why is this monitoring room made for humans? Demons are way too tall to fit in here, not to mention the small switches... This is...

What if this wasn't meant to be a hunting ground? What if Goldy Pond was supposed to be a shelter for us, like B06-32? Then... One of the Demons must've found this place and turned it into a hunting ground! Yeah, that's it!

I looked up, only to find Emma and Lucas gone. There was an open door that I haven't noticed before, so I went through it. And there they were, looking at some sort of golden water.

I stepped closer, opening the pen once more. The holograph displayed the words 'Welcome to Goldy Pond'. "Minerva wanted us to come to this lake, right? Not to the hunting park." noted Emma, making me hum.

I said: "I figured that this place was probably meant for us cattle children to hide, much like the shelter in B06-32. Th-Then it was somehow turned into this cruel hunting park for Demons." Lucas thought for a moment, saying: "That's..."

"Look! That cabin... It's floating?!" asked Emma, gaining our attention. We looked over to what she was pointing at, our eyes widening. There was a cabin on a small piece of land, seemingly floating on top of that golden water.

Lucas reached into the water, asking: "What's with this water?" Emma did the same, saying: "Yes, this is weird. You can't touch it!" I took a step into the water, the golden water not touching me.

"None of this makes sense..." muttered Lucas. Emma nodded, saying: "I don't understand it either. This... This isn't really water, I think." I walked further into the water, making Emma gasp. "(Y/N)! What are you doing?!" she asked, grabbing my arm to pull me back.

I chuckled a bit, saying: "Emma, it's fine. I've looked around. There isn't any other option to cross this pond. Besides, I don't think Minerva-san would put us in any more danger." She thought for a moment, then nodded, stepping in with me.

Once we made it to the cabin, we were able to open the door there without any problems. This was completely different than the room before. There just stood a tall... elevator. Yeah, that's an elevator. I've seen them in books back at the House.

A bit in front of the elevator stood a table with a telephone on top of it. I overheard Emma talking to Lucas, saying that maybe this elevator could bring us to the human world. Yeah, that makes the most sense.

I walked over to the small terminal, seeing the owl with the word 'pen' written in Morse code around it. I quickly put the pen into the hole and twisted it. Suddenly, numbers appeared on the thin screen, all of them being 0.

The next thing it showed us was the word 'on'. Then, the doors to the elevator started to open, catching me off guard. I stepped back, watching the whole thing in awe. I looked back at the terminal, my eyes widening. "'F-Failure'...?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://animepopheart.com/post/642155937866579969/null-emma-emma-the-promised/amp