136

3rd Person Pov:

"'We'? What?" asked Cislo, his eyes wide. Vincent, just as surprised and shocked, said: "Boss... What are you saying...?" "He's right. You should be fine. You're a perfect sample from Grace Field... You were... the lone exception. A 'control specimen'." noted Cislo, both of them not liking what Norman had said.

Norman, without hesitation, said: "That was a lie. It is true that I was by myself, quarantined in that house... But I'm the same as you guys. I also underwent the drug testing experiments. My spasms have already progressed to level four..."

"No way!" "How could you lie to us like that...?" they asked, to which Norman looked to the ground, answering: "I just wanted to be a leader you could put your faith in. I didn't want to trouble you all and have to make you worry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, everyone."

Vincent and Cislo shared a quick glance, both of them trying to wrap their heads around this new-found information. This was horrible, to say the least. They had put themselves in front of their boss, their leader, and this is what happened. They didn't even notice at all.

"So, is that everything?" asked Ray, looking over at his friend. Norman nodded, saying: "Yeah." "I'm going to ask again. What is it that you truly want to do?" "Yeah..." he trailed off, sorting his thoughts.

As soon as Norman had managed to get a grip on himself, he said: "I have no regrets about killing the queen or the nobles. But if there's no need for any more killing, then that's what I'd like. I want to stop the extinction."

Hearing that, a warm smile appeared on (Y/N)'s lips. She was happy that they finally managed to get out the real Norman. Happy that they were finally back together. Just like the old times.

"The poison deployed outside of the castle... I want to deal with the damage that's already happened. And also, I don't want to have to lose everyone from Lambda. Even if that possibility is low... One more time... No matter how long it takes. And that's including me." said Norman, finally managing to voice his thoughts.

Nodding at him, his little sister said: "Alright. Leave it to us. We'll help you out, big brother." His blue eyes widened for a moment, before a smile appeared on his face. "I'm counting on you, then, little sister." They shared a quick smile with each other.

"Stop messing around." said a voice they all recognized. It belonged to none other than Vincent. He approached them, saying: "At this stage, what can we do...?! I'm- All of us are fine with our lives ending here! The Demon's being wiped out is our salvation. If that happens, we will have helped create a new world! Didn't you say we can't back down now?!"

Gritting his teeth, he said: "But now... You're not just going back on it, you're preventing us from carrying it out! That's just... I will never stop! Even if you do, even if you try to stop me, I'll-"

"It's okay, Vincent." said Cislo, effectively cutting Vincent off. The bald male looked over at his friend, who smiled light-heartedly, saying: "I've had enough. I was vaguely aware. About your suffering, and about your true feelings, boss."

Norman's eyes widened as he stared at Cislo, who continued. "But you're so amazing, and so capable. Your power is your kindness. And we took advantage of that like some kind of spoiled kids. We really did. We were using you as a tool for our revenge. Even though you're a person, like us."

With a light chuckle, he added: "Do whatever it is that you want. If that means stopping the extinction, then let's stop it. The things we've done up until this point will be enough. I really do hate Demons. They make me sick, and I can't forgive them. I want to take revenge... But you're more important to me than revenge. I'll follow you wherever you go, boss."

"Yeah." agreed Barbara, nodding her head weakly. "So everything's concluded, then?" asked (Y/N), receiving nods from everyone. "I'd like to talk about the matter of the Lambda spasms. We heard about them from Don and Gilda." she started.

Time skip: a bit later

(Y/N) Pov:

"It's okay! Right now, Don and Gilda are working with Mujika and Sonju to reduce the damage to the capital as much as possible." said Emma, answering Vincent's statement.

Ray added: "That's what they've been tasked with." I nodded at that, saying: "Let's split into two groups. Ray, Emma, and I will deal with the situation here in the royal capital. Norman, you guys bead back and protect the hideout. Get Yuugo to help out, too. He's a big help."

Thinking for a short moment, Norman nodded, replying: "Got it!" Cislo looked at Barbara, asking: "Can you get up, Barbara?" She held onto him for support, saying: "Yeah... It hurts like hell, though. Don't underestimate our fighting spirit. I ain't dying that easily."

"Cislo, go on ahead and get the horses." commanded Norman, to which Cislo said: "Roger." "Just bare with it a little longer, Barbara." "I'll be okay." "Can I leave securing our escape route to you, Vincent?" "...Roger."

Barbara then asked: "But... How did the royal army find us?" "That would most likely be-" started Norman, only to stop midsentence as a tall body was suddenly standing behind him, towering over each and every one of us.

I gasped as I stumbled backwards, watching as it opened its mouth, releasing an ear-shattering screech. No. No, no, no, no. No! The queen! She's alive?! How?!

No, that doesn't matter. Norman. Norman! I reached my hand out to him, fully knowing that I can do nothing but watch as he would be killed right in front of us.

It all happened so quickly. And before I knew it, Cislo was crying out in pain, having lost a leg. He had pushed Norman out of the queen's way, and she took that opportunity to strike. While the queen was still eating his leg, she charged again. This time, however, she was headed straight towards me.

Why...? Why would she... If I die, then the promise won't... I couldn't save anyone... Not able to form any complete sentences, I stared in horror as the queen rose her claws, bringing them down at inhuman speeds.

It took me a few seconds to register, but as I did, I shakily called out his name. Of course. Of course he wasn't going to let me die. Of course he pushed me away from the attack. Of course he would sacrifice himself in order to save me.

I laid on the ground, staring with wide, teary eyes as he was hovering above me, his arms barely managing to keep him off the ground. "Shit... Are you... alright?" he breathed out, wincing in pain.

"R-Ray..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/853150723161279267/