76

3rd Person Pov:

"There! There it is!" yelled the Demon Luce, hastily pointing at the human girl in front of them. But, much to his surprise, Gillian suddenly held two larger guns with quite a few bullets. With no emotion displayed on her face, she said: "Eat lead." With that, she started shooting.

Bullets went everywhere, hitting the Demons, trees, and everything else that was there. And while Luce was distracted, Nigel took his chance, shooting a single shot at Luce's mask.

It made quite a sound, causing Luce to freak out. With wide eyes, he ordered: "Go! Go! Charge! I want their heads, both of them! Take them down at once!" His servants did the best they could to fulfil his order, trying to kill Gillian.

But, of course, she wouldn't let them. She kept on firing more and more bullets at them, ending up killing quite a few of them. Celebrating too early, Luce threw his arms in the air, laughing loudly, saying: "It's no use! No use! No use! No use!"

Then, he was shot in his face, just a bit to the left of his eye. Growling lowly, he noticed the numbers of bullets that Gillian had left. Grinning, he yelled: "Now's the time! Run up there and kill 'em!"

However, his servants were already dead. Every single one of them. While he stared at his servants with disbelief, Gillian and Nigel stepped closer, with Gillian saying: "We weren't aiming for you at all. We know. We know it all. Including that your noble masks are bulletproof, and the fact that the retainers' masks have weak points."

Lucas had told them how to deal with Luce, which clearly was the easiest Demon to kill. Reloading his gun, Nigel said: "First remove the mask, then shoot the vital point." "And pretend to be flailing around, so that they'll never realize our plan." added Gillian, a small grin on her lips.

Luce was slowly backing away, until his back had hit a larger tree. The two kids got closer and closer, with Gillian grinning even wider, as Luce sunk to the ground.

"He taught us all we needed. So I also know that, without your little servants, you're nothing. Game, set and match. This is the end for you, rich boy." said Gillian.

However, Luce did not want to be defeated just yet. So, he pulled out a dagger he had hidden behind his back, trying to attack Gillian. Nigel was quick enough to shoot it out of his hand, causing Luce to try and run away.

"Get away from me!" he yelled, dodging the incoming bullets to the best of his ability. Thankfully, he wasn't fast, so they caught up to him in no time.

Gillian took Luce's mask off, aiming her gun in his face. This was it. The moment she had waited for. He was breathing heavily, all of his many eyes focused solely on the two children in front of him.

"All right, you win this time. I'll grant you whatever it is that you desire. I'll overlook your offenses against my person. This time. So stop this at once! Let us discuss these matters-" said Luce, trying to buy time. But Gillian cut him off.

"I will give you ten seconds." she said, repeating the exact words he once said to her. Moving her finger closer to the trigger, she said: "No, I won't. Give it up. Your comrades aren't coming. No one will save you. You're not getting a single second."

"W-Wait! Just think about it! All right, you could beat me, but those tricks won't work on them! You don't have the slightest chance against the archduke and the others!" pleaded Luce, but neither of the two kids really listened.

"There's still time! I'll forgive you all, really! Come on, be reasonable! We were just playing around, you know?" "Do it, Gillian." encouraged Nigel, his expression darkening as he remembered what that Demon had done to his friends.

"No, wait! If you kill me, my dad will-" Gillian, in a silent, pitiful voice, said: "Oh, my sister... To think something like this did that to us..." "Hey, stop it! Don't do that! Hel-"

The thing that followed his cries for help was the sound of a gunshot. With a light smile, Gillian took a whistle out, blowing in it. Then, the two of them went towards their next spot, which would be the team of Zack and Pepe.

(Y/N) Pov:

"Your motive here is to buy time. I'm right, am I not? I believe such were Lucs' intentions back then, too." said Leuvis, practically staring me down. This isn't how it was supposed to work. But now... I guess there's been a change of plans.

"If I take you on your bait, you surely won't be coming at me in any satisfactory level. It would be a waste of ammunition, after all. You have no confidence that you'd be able to murder me by yourself. Lucas thinks the same." he said, almost as if he was truly remorseful.

"That boy well knows what happens when one tries to stand up to me alone. Yes, I say, he knows it in his bones. An all-out attack. If I was in that boy's position, I'd only strike at such an enemy with my entire forces at once. Which means this game is but a means to buy enough time for that."  This is... He really does knows our plan, huh?

He let out a short, dry laugh, saying: "You are indeed a smart girl, (Y/N), but still, that's quite awful. Oh, that Lucas! The boy shows up only to give such a terrible task to a newcomer..." I tightened my grip on the gun, saying: "You did see through our plan, but you're wrong with something."

He looked at me with interest, while a small smirk rose to my lips. "I am confident that I could kill you on my own." I told him, being able to watch how he froze for a mere second. But that was just the reaction I wanted and needed.

Leuvis, while you certainly are a strong, smart Demon, I already knew that you would decline at first. This isn't going like Lucas and Oliver had planned. No, this is going exactly how I planned.

"My apologies, then, (Y/N). It seems like I have misjudged you. Very well. I will give you the time you need." said Leuvis, sitting down onto a smaller wall. Yeah, that's it. Rather easy to predict, given his wish to hunt and be hunted.

"What is it, 15 minutes? No, 10? I will wait. It's bound to be more interesting this way." I nodded at his words, saying: "Y-Yes, thank you very much. I assure you, I'll do everything in my might to kill you." As soon as I said those words, a wide, dark grin appeared on his mask, showing his many, pointy teeth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/730568370792595135/