28

3rd Person Pov:

"There's no signal." noted Don, watching the window they were supposed to watch. "Hopefully things go smoothly." Just then, he and Gilda saw their Mama walking out of the House, her pocket watch in hand. Don took a step back, while Gilda silently asked: "What's going on? Ray hasn't signaled us, but Mama came out!" Isabella walked past them, towards the forest, giving them a side glance as to tell them that she knew everything. "What should we do?" asked Gilda. "So (Y/N)'s bad feeling was right, after all." Don nodded, then said: "Gilda, you stay here." He started to run towards the House. "Don!" "I'll check inside the House!" Gilda looked back up at the window, her face holding a worried expression.

Ray continued to slam his shoulder on the door, but it wouldn't open. "Please, just open!" he said. "Ray? Is that you?" he heard Don ask from the other side of the door. "Don?" "Stay back!" Ray put his ear to the door, hearing Don's approaching footsteps. He quickly jumped to the side, just in time for Don to break the door open. "Are you okay?" Don answered: "I'm fine! Besides that, Ray..." "That's right!" They both quickly ran out of the House. Ray ran towards the forest, while Don stopped outside to tell Gilda: "Gilda, let's go!" "Huh? Is inspection canceled? Are we stopping Emma and Norman?" she asked. Don said: "We're enforcing the inspection! We have to stop Mama!" "Mama?" "This is now our only chance! We need to let them inspect no matter what, before Mama gets to them!" "Okay!" Gilda quickly, but gently, laid the sleeping child in her arms on the soft grass. With that, they started running, too.

Emma got the rope they made out of the tree, jumping back down. She nodded at Norman, who did the same. Then, both of their heads snapped in the direction of approaching footsteps. But before any of them could react, a (h/c) haired girl came running through the bushes, panting. "(Y/N)?" asked Norman. (Y/N) said: "I'm not here... to tell you to stop..." while panting heavily. "Then why..." trailed Emma off. (Y/N) looked at them, saying: "I had a bad feeling, so I wanted to check. Don't worry, nothing has changed." They both nodded, then went to continue. But before they could, another, slower pair of footsteps was heard. Emma immediately tossed the rope into the forest, while (Y/N) quickly joined their side. They watched as their Mama appeared out of the shadow of the forest, their eyes widening. "Why..." started Emma, but couldn't finish her question.

(Y/N) Pov:

We smiled at Mama like usual. Emma asked: "Mama. What's wrong?" But Mama only closed her pocket watch, saying: "Ten years." "Huh?" "We've been living together for ten years, but this is the first time talking to you without the acting." Our expressions turned to serious ones. So she knew? Wait, if she's here, then... What about Ray? Is he okay?! "Nice to meet you, Emma. Nice to meet you, Norman. Nice to meet you, (Y/N)." We only stared at her as she started to laugh lightly, then said: "Come one, please be at ease. Don't worry. It's just us. No one else is here." She turned a little, gesturing behind her. There really is no one else here, but... This isn't right. "You don't have to pretend to be good kids who don't know anything. Right now, it's just the caretaker and the children meant to be food." My eyes widened. "But please don't misunderstand. I love you children. I adore you. Truly. I love you as if you were my own children. And that's why I'm here. I want you to give up." "Give up?" asked Emma. Norman asked: "Give up what?" Mama answered: "Give up to resist." Emma and Norman gasped lightly while I took a small step back. Mama continued: "Because I love you, I don't want you to suffer. I don't want to have to make you all suffer. It's a happy life, isn't it? A warm home filled with love and delicious food. Without knowing hunger, coldness, or the truth, you can die with a satisfied feeling." But... Conny didn't... She didn't look satisfied. "What part of that is unhappy?" asked Mama. I gripped the end of my skirt, asking: "D-Did Conny have a look of satisfaction? Is that what you call 'happy'? To be killed, then eaten by those Demons?" Norman looked at me, while Emma looked at the ground, probably thinking the same. Mama said: "Death happens in an instant. Until that moment, Conny lived a rich life full of smiles." "I don't need any fake smiles!" yelled Emma. "Even if I suffer, I will live freely! I will decide for myself what happiness is!" Before she could say another word, Norman cut her off: "Emma." He shook his head, as to tell her that it didn't matter what she said now. "Norman." Mama said: "It's impossible to escape. It's dangerous outside, too. It's full of despair. Okay? Let's all live together happily inside our home. Until the end, when your time runs out. I want the six of you to be happy." "Six? Not four?" asked Norman. He quickly realized what that meant. Yeah. Of course she knew. Mama is unbeatable. I looked to the ground, before meeting eyes with Emma and Norman. We all share the same thoughts. "Okay, Mama." said Norman. It's simple. We need only one to get up the wall. Emma would be the best option, since she could climb up the fastest. But Norman and I are too weak to hold Mama off for that long. I wouldn't be very fast to get all the way up on the wall, which only leaves Norman to go up. Emma and I have to stop Mama here. "I'll quit being a good boy." With those words from Norman, Emma and I jumped towards Mama, while Norman ran to get the rope. "Go, Norman!" yelled Emma. We both threw ourselves at Mama, trying to keep her in place. But... Everything happened so quick. Suddenly, we were both on the ground, different, yet similar cracks were heard, followed by a sharp, unbearable pain in my right arm. I started screaming almost immediately, which was soon followed by Emma, screaming, too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/2656584