142

3rd Person Pov:

Laughter and smiles were everywhere as the kids kept on playing. Some were doing their chores, while others were even resting, or simply enjoying their free time. After having gone through so much, the Grace Field escapees were more than happy.

"Oh? Are you drawing again?" asked Anna, smiling as she looked over at Yvette. Said girl nodded, saying: "Yep! (Y/N) showed me how to draw a teddy bear, and I really wanna try." Anna smiled, saying: "I see."

Suddenly, a few pair of footsteps were heard, and the kids all stopped what they were doing. Their smiles widened as they turned their heads, looking at what they expected to be Emma and co.

However, horror immediately settled into their minds as they laid eyes on a blonde man, followed by an army of Demons. "Good day, my dear cattle children." said Peter Ratri, a calm expression on his face as the kids began running, screaming in terror and fear of the Demons.

Time skip: a bit later

(Y/N) Pov:

While we were running, following Ayshe's dogs, someone called out: "Boss!" We stopped in our tracks, looking over at Vincent. Norman, however, was the most shocked.

"Vincent... You guys...! Why are you here? You were supposed to return ahead of us." said Norman, clearly not liking that his friends from Lambda were still here. Cislo just smiled, saying: "Thank goodness, you're okay!"

He then lowered his head a little, saying: "Sorry, boss. We couldn't follow your orders..." "We were worried about you. Sorry." added Barbara, both of them just happy to see Norman again. I smiled a bit as Norman was scolding them, then talked to Vincent.

"Shit..." I heard from my right, his voice barely above a whisper. I turned to face him, asking: "Ray? Are you alright?" His dark green eyes met mine, and he quickly nodded, averting his eyes again.

"Yeah, I am." he told me. I stepped closer, quietly asking: "It's your shoulder, right?" Sighing lightly, he put on a small smile, saying: "Of course you see through me." I cupped his face with both of my hands, saying: "Hey, it's alright."

Placing my forehead onto his, I muttered: "We'll be back soon. And then, Anna can check on you. Okay?" Ray let out a hum, leaning into my touch, answering: "That sounds like a plan to me."

I was about to say something else, as I heard my name being called. "There they are! (Y/N), Emma, Ray!" I looked over at the others, surprised and shocked to see Oliver there.

My eyes widened as my arms dropped to my side. "No, please..." I trailed off as he said: "It's terrible. Everybody was... The hideout was..." He then told us what they found. or rather, what they didn't find.

He send Gillian and Nigel to go to the hideout first. They did so, and found it empty. "They had already been attacked. It was a detached unit of troops. There are plenty of others aside from them. We were able to confirm that they number about 2'000." explained Oliver.

I took Ray's hand in mine, in an attempt to ease my nerves, as Emma asked: "What happened to everybody?" Nigel quickly answered: "They were kidnapped by them. Even all of our lookouts... There's no one left."

"Wait. Even Yuugo and Lucas?" I asked, not believing that they managed to capture even them. "No one was left." said Nigel, much to my horror. I slowly shook my head, tears starting to fill my eyes.

"No, I... I want to see them again..." I muttered out, zoning out a little. This means... Anna, Yvette, Yuugo... Everyone... This is not true, is it? Even though we did consider this, actually knowing that it happened...

I tightened my free hand into a fist, finally snapping out of it. I looked up at Gillian, who said: "We nabbed a Demon that was trying an ambush back at the hideout and made it talk. Right now, everybody is being transported to the closest high quality farm with strong defenses, so they can be processed as food. To Grace Field House."

My heart sunk at that. To... Grace Field? Our home? "I see... At Grace Field, which is under Iverk's control, it would be easy to hide the escapees right under the eyes of the nobles and present them to the Queen..." theorized Norman.

Hayato, completely shaken up, asked: "So what can we do?! They have 2'000 royal troops, right?" Vincent added: "That's about half of the punitive expedition..." "And to go against them we only have just over 10 of us..." trailed Oliver off, all of us thinking about what to do.

Closing my eyes shut, I tried to think of something. But no matter what I thought of, I immediately came up with at least five different ways for it to fail. I felt my anger rise, and my heartbeat increased.

Looking at Emma, I said: "Emma, I... I want to go and talk to Peter Ratri." She looked at me with her big, green eyes, then nodded, saying: "Alright. Let's go to Grace Field." "Wait. Wait a second. You want to go and talk to the head of the Ratri clan?" asked Ray, obviously not liking my decision.

Nodding, I said: "I do. If I can figure out what kind of person he is, then I'm sure I can convince him to let us leave." "That's ridiculous thinking!" he said, to which I replied: "But I might have a shot. I mean, he was the one who ordered my parents to be killed. He was the one that send me to Grace Field. Maybe he recognizes me and won't kill me."

Ray grew irritated as he said: "That's all just speculations! You don't know what he'll do! I can't let you risk your life with something like this!" "But it might be our only way." I told him, to which he hesitated.

"Why are you guys talking in riddles?" asked Cislo, to which Norman quickly shushed him. I lightly shook my head, saying: "It's fine if they know. I don't plan to hide it." Vincent asked: "So you're saying..." He trailed off, not daring to say it out loud.

I looked at everyone present, saying: "I'm a descendant of the Ratri clan. But due to certain circumstances, I grew up in a farm. Peter Ratri is my uncle. He might recognize me, which I plan to take full advantage of."

"Ah... Eh? You're..." trailed Gilda off, not knowing what to say. Don had wide eyes as he asked: "You come from that clan?!" "I do." "Then... But... No, that doesn't matter." he said, much to my surprise.

I was fully expecting them to throw me under the bus. But this... "Don is right. It doesn't matter. You're still (Y/N), aren't you?" said Gilda, smiling at me. "That's right. You're still you, no matter where you came from." added Oliver, giving me a kind smile.

Emma grinned, saying: "Everyone has helped change the world. Us measly kids born inside of a cage have gone and changed the world this far. And now, there's only one more step. We just have to go and take it. The Ratri clan and 2'000 royal troops will be a piece of cake! We can do it! We'll be fine!"

And as easy as that, everyone was motivated again. Norman even began laughing. "As long as it's not too dangerous, I'll let you handle Peter Ratri. Okay, (Y/N)?" asked Emma, to which I nodded.

"Then I'll be teaming up with her. No way am I going to let her face that jerk alone." said Ray, placing his arm around my shoulder. A light shade of red covered my cheeks as I said: "Th-Thank you... Both of y-you." Hearing my stutter return, they both laughed, to which I joined in soon after.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/688065649307354279/