98

3rd Person Pov:

Most of the kids were still sleeping. It was still early in the morning, after all. "I'm telling you, I'm fine now." said a certain, raven haired male. The female by his side huffed, grabbing him by his shoulders.

She gently pushed him back down to sit, saying: "And I'm telling you to rest. I can see it on your face that you have a strong headache." Looking at her in disbelief, he asked: "You can?" Nodding proudly, (Y/N) answered: "Of course. I've known you for all my life, after all."

Sighing in defeat, Ray gave up with arguing with his lover. Sure, he'd rather stand up and help with everything, but if it puts (Y/N) even a little bit more at ease, he's willing to rest for a bit.

"Hey, guys." said Emma, walking up to them. She was smiling brightly, almost bouncing with every step she took. Then, she basically threw herself at (Y/N), saying: "(Y/N)! I thought you died! I thought you all died in that explosion!"

"E-Emma... I-I- We're alive." stuttered (Y/N) out, quite taken back by the sudden affection of her best friend. Never the less, she returned the hug, patting Emma's back gently. "Ah, that reminds me... Here, Lucas gave this to me after we got away from the bunker." she said, pulling a folded piece of paper out of her pocket.

The girls sat down next to Ray, so he would be able to see it, too. "A note?" asked Emma, unfolding the paper. Nodding, (Y/N) said: "Yeah. Right before we were ambushed, Lucas received this message via the phone."

With wide, green eyes, Emma asked: "The phone?! Did it happen?! Contact?" (Y/N) simply nodded, waiting for Emma to read the message. "But the enemy said that he killed every last supporter. This is..." trailed the orang haired girl off, finally taking a look on what was written down.

'My name is William Minerva. I'm raising the flag of rebellion. Once more, against those of the human world. We'll put an end to that 'Neverland'. Let us forge a new promise. First, leave the plantations and head to the following spot. I'll be waiting, for all of you. 7.3.5 9.4.1 10.10.7 13.11.2.'

"Minerva was still alive? No, that was just another recording, but still." said Emma, reading the message once more. "And? What do you say?" asked (Y/N), leaning her head onto Ray's shoulder.

Emma thought for a moment, then said: "Something doesn't feel right. On the phone at Goldy Pond, Minerva left the impression that he wanted to leave the cattle children a choice to make. But this time, he might have changed his mind while living on. Or it could be a completely different person."

(Y/N) smiled lightly, seeing that Emma got to the same conclusion than she did. "Either way, it's not the enemy." stated Emma, determined. Ray said: "Yeah, probably with the timing of the contact, if it's the enemy, then they would have set up a trap for us before the raid happened. That would be the most logical thing to do."

"My guess is that the person who contacted us isn't Minerva-san. It's either a remaining supporter, or a completely different person. Someone that stepped up and took Minerva-san's identity in order to get us to trust them." stated (Y/N), glancing at the other two.

"Could be." noted Ray, placing an arm around her shoulders. "But we don't know for sure. For the moment, this place is safe. But if they manage to find it later on and attack, we'll be trapped once more."

Gesturing towards the note, Ray continued: "We don't know the true nature of this note, but in order to hold back as well as to counterattack the Ratri clan, if they're an ally, it might be a good idea to join hands with this Minerva."

Emma spoke up: "We could send a small number of messengers, even if it's only to make contact and confirm whoever it is." She then nodded, confidence basically dripping off of her. "From here on, no matter the cost, we must protect our family."

Time skip: later that day

3rd Person Pov:

"Over here!" called Alicia, and the other children that were with her followed suit. "From this point on, if we exit above ground, nobody should notice us." "Is it really okay, Alicia, Dominic?" asked a kid from Goldy Pond, getting nervous about going to the surface.

Dominic nodded, with Alicia saying: "We understand that we shouldn't go." "But as it is, we don't know if the enemy is still following us. And we really, really want to help out Emma!" added Dominic.

The three Goldy Pond kids nodded, determined to help the two younger children out. And so, they left the safety of the underground maze, trying to see if there was still someone following them.

However, what the kids didn't notice was that the very enemy they were looking out for was already watching them. Andrew was covered in bruises and blood, and it honestly seemed like a miracle on how he was still alive.

Even so, he watched the kids, mumbling to himself. "Found you."

Back in the underground, Jemima had just woken up. She yawned, rubbing her still tired eyes. Then, she noticed something as she sat up. Two of her friends were missing. Confused, she tried to look for them.

"There you guys are!" called Gilda, panting slightly as she looked at the three oldest amongst the Grace Field kids. "Gilda?!" asked Emma, obviously surprised and startled by her loud and sudden voice.

She looked at the three of them in panic, saying: "This is bad! Dominic and Alicia are missing!" "Huh?" "What?" asked (Y/N), her eyes widening. Ray asked: "You don't mean they..." he trailed off, answering his own question in his mind.

"No, I'm sure. They went out to see if we really defeated the enemy." stated (Y/N), basically jumping up. "This is seriously bad... Emma, Gilda, go check if anyone else is missing! Send Yuugo, Don, Oliver, and Gillian to where the weapons are. I'll go out to search with them." Emma and Gilda nodded, hurrying to do what they were told.

(Y/N) was about to rush away, too, as Ray stopped her by holding onto her wrist. "Ray, I don't have time for this." she said, looking at him. He asked: "Am I really going to sit around and wait?" "I'm sorry, but you're not fully recovered yet. And in a worst case scenario, you won't be able to function at 100%. I can't risk loosing you."

Sighing, he let go of her hand, saying: "Then find them quick and come back here. It'll get boring." Smiling softly, (Y/N) said: "I will. Thank you, Ray." "Love you." he told her, which caused her smile to widen slightly. "I love you, too." she said, then took off running.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.lepasjenuh.com/manga/the-promised-neverland-akan-merilis-chapter-spesial-baru-di-tahun-ini/